351 with EFI

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2012, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 351 with EFI

Just curious if anyones got EFI working good with the 351 kit?

I read thru some posts of guys wrestling with it and struggling with it a year or so ago and Bill told me a year ago or so the EFI guys weren't getting great results.

I figured it was just a matter of time before someone gets some maps that work with it?

(I'm asking cuz I'm in Thailand now where they have the EFI model for only 2/3 of Malaysia's carb model AND talking to some border guys it seems they don't care how long someone runs around in Malaysia with Thai plates. I'm considering selling mine back home and getting a Thai version!)

Old 02-23-2012, 11:47 AM
1st Gear Member

Is there a different forum for the EFI bikes?

Old 02-23-2012, 12:43 PM
1st Gear Member

Can be done but it's not easy....be prepared for a lot of trial & error!! Took me a long time to a get a 330 kit running properly. good luck

Old 02-25-2012, 07:18 AM
1st Gear Member

Are you guys using some kind of tuneboy to make it work?

Is it something where we could all compile our knowledge and experience coming up with the best map?

Old 02-25-2012, 07:44 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl
Are you guys using some kind of tuneboy to make it work?

Is it something where we could all compile our knowledge and experience coming up with the best map?
I'm using the APi unlimited programmable ECU KAWAZAKI DTK/KLX

You will need a bigger injector for sure with the 351..!!

Most are using the power commander 5 & i here the EJK controller is ok!!

At some point I am going to post a detailed report on the trials & tribulations of getting my bike to kick ***. It still needs slight tuning in the idle department & is 97% perfect, when I get her running 100% I will share what I know.

Old 02-26-2012, 02:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Joel, I am having tuning issues with my 300 kit. Pulls hard in all gears using the EJK fuel controller, but am battling to get it to run smoothly on cruise and transition from closed throttle to 1/8 to 1/4 throttle. Backfires and splutters on deceleration. Any ideas?

Old 02-27-2012, 01:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by grahamgower
Joel, I am having tuning issues with my 300 kit. Pulls hard in all gears using the EJK fuel controller, but am battling to get it to run smoothly on cruise and transition from closed throttle to 1/8 to 1/4 throttle. Backfires and splutters on deceleration. Any ideas?
Hi Graham, sorry to hear your having troubles. I have no idea about the EJK fuel controller! Maybe the guys at EJK can talk you through some fine tuning of your fuel MAP. At least you got strong power higher up the rev range, so your injector is pumping enough juice to the jug.....this is good! Just good old fashioned trial n error in the idle & cruising (low & mid throttle) range fine tuning now.....good luck

Old 02-29-2012, 09:58 AM
1st Gear Member

hey I'll be in Phucket tomorrow - any chance we could swap bikes and compare notes?

Old 02-29-2012, 11:27 PM
1st Gear Member

Phucket
Sorry, I know I'm mispronouncing it in my head to make it funny, but I just love the name of that town.

Dan

Old 03-02-2012, 12:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by rickypanecatyl
hey I'll be in Phucket tomorrow - any chance we could swap bikes and compare notes?
sorry ricky, just seen this post. PM me a phone number & see what happens. High season here at the mo & very busy!

Quick Reply: 351 with EFI