300cc first impression, ride report

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 06:24 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 300cc first impression, ride report

You are so right. People don't change so theres no need to be disapointed. He'll be banned again eventually. Until then I'll just hang out here:

https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_132449/tm.htm

Old 04-08-2008, 06:59 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

all of that hate just because I don't agree with you on something? as you know, I'm not into kissing *** or supporting reassurance which is obviously what you guys seek from each other. "Hey, I've got this mod and don't you think it rocks? Heck yeah, you're right this is the best mod ever". Or what you don't like to hear: "No, this mod really isn't what you guys make it out to be. Logically it cannot do anything the stock part does. But since I don't agree with you, you'll hate me and throw me under the bus".
Just because I don't have experience with something doesn't mean I can't make a logical argument or point out exaggerations on the mod's capabilities that you guys post. My posts speak for themselves, and anyone with half a brain will understand my stance. With a CVK carb, your mod is virtually pointless. And as someone earlier pointed out, we all know it's basically for ergonomics and nothing else. If this was a KX or any other MX bike, your mod would be more supported. But even those oem MX throttles are short and make the $30 mod a waste pretty much.
I didn't come on here to agree with everything being said. What have I said that would warrant being banned? Wishful thinking. I'm here to help other new KLX owners, and to interact with '09 KLX owners; to disspell myths being spread around by your buddy ZX that the new '09 mysteriously got a new and different carb than the '06 and '07 and to help them out when they first start modding. That 's exactly what I am doing. Don't like me? I don't care, don't read what I have to say. Plenty of people PM me with questions and that evidently bugs you. Stop being so negative and closed mindedand maybe people will ask you questions.

Old 04-08-2008, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member

[sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=shutup.gif]

You are a cancer to this community and eventually you will be removed, again.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:15 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stellar_d

[sm=icon_blah.gif][sm=shutup.gif]

You are a cancer to this community and eventually you will be removed, again.
like I said, wishful thinking. name calling makes you look so mature to the newbies. If anyone warrants a removal or ban, it would be you my friend. I'm just stating an otherwise objective observation that you don't agree with. Thus, you get angry and have to adopt 1st grade behavior. nice job. certainly not "stellar" behavior.

Old 04-08-2008, 08:31 PM
1st Gear Member

You are seriously delusional if you think I'm the only one that would like to see you out of here.

As stated before:

People don't change my friend, you are a textbook example of this. You're time will come again

Old 04-08-2008, 08:52 PM
1st Gear Member

stellar_d,

could you send me the purchase info for the vortex throttle...or at least the info I need to search for one...since I put on the new bars and grips, my throttle is really slow to return to the "rest" position and maybe an upgrade like this would not only give me better throttle response (does it?), but also alleviate this slow return issue. I had the throttle apart and can't seem to figure out why it became slow. Thanks man.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:08 PM
1st Gear Member

heres a link to the product that fits our bike

http://www.motionpro.com/motorcycle/...rtex_throttle/

I had problems with my stock throttle tube after putting bark busters on, but thats because i hacksawed off the end of the tube. For a while I just occasionally put some WD-40 in there and it worked good.

I can't recall if the return was the same speed or not, but its got less distance to travel so it might be.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:20 PM
1st Gear Member

new bike, but the same old idiot.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:27 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I guess here is my take on it, and since I ave not ever twisted on a 1/4 turn throttle then take this with a grain of salt. But we have all been riding on the trail or getting up to speed on the highway only to realize that we are not in the right grip range. And what I mean is that we have to point our elbow down farther than we should just to get all the power we desire to the motor. If I understand this mod, wouldn't it be better not to have to twist as far? I mean it would allow a lot better control on the trails by not being in the wrong posture with your right hand. Sounds like a great mod to me, but then again I'm not trying to beat someone through the whoops or to the tabletop, I'm just a casual rider. Come on guys, its not like we are saving lives here, its only a motorcycle forum. Lets agree to sometimes disagree, but we can always agree that we all love to ride. Lets keep that door of commonality open.

Old 04-08-2008, 09:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Its all about perception. What you perceive as lag really isn't as bad as you think & when you get a throttle that you do not have to crank like a kid playing on a rocking horse making sputtering sounds withhis mouthbecomes obvious; ESPECIALLY if you are use to any other bike without the turn forever KLX throttle.

I hear 96 "Gixxer" 750 have CV carbs yet they can move pretty good. Must just be the KLX carb that has its own rules

What I fear though is that somewhere, there is a bridge with nothing underneath it.

Quick Reply: 300cc first impression, ride report