250s wheelies?

Search this Thread

Old 09-13-2008, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

This guy gets a lot of practice for sure. It's not about the HP though, as you can see.
(Watch him feathering the rear brake.)
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2Y5PDvsZF0
Pushing the limits a little too far, even for a pro. Lucky escape.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RU1-S...eature=related

Old 09-13-2008, 01:14 AM
1st Gear Member

I saw that biaggi vid a while back, man did he get lucky.

And I don't care who you are, if your doing stunts on 2 wheels(or 1) you should have a lid on. Just look at Indian Larry. Actually if your on 2 wheels you should have a lid on period.

Old 09-13-2008, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

? Indian Larry. +1 on the helmet gig though.

Old 09-13-2008, 05:36 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 2k1w=no$
I saw that biaggi vid a while back, man did he get lucky.

And I don't care who you are, if your doing stunts on 2 wheels(or 1) you should have a lid on. Just look at Indian Larry. Actually if your on 2 wheels you should have a lid on period.
agreed.

Old 09-13-2008, 04:21 PM
1st Gear Member

hey guys, here's Shane Watts doing wheelie after wheelie on my STOCK '06 KLX 250s. Makes it look so easy...

Dave

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IHelgL4TGpA

Old 09-13-2008, 04:47 PM
1st Gear Member

hey Dave. could you post up a short vid showing the technique that shane taught you at that school? i get the general premise but wouldn't mind SEEING what you described. I'm just interested in seeing how you manipulate the throttle and clutch.

Old 09-13-2008, 10:32 PM
1st Gear Member

ha, wish i could, but there really wasn't much he taught us that i could show in a video. I found that by getting the rpms up to 4000+ and then letting the clutch out really quickly i could get the front end to come up likely 50-60% of the time, but nothing like what he was doing with my bike. one thing i did notice in the video i posted above, and also he commented on, if you watch a bunch of the wheelies he did, right before he lifts the front end he actually pumps the front brake briefly, you'll see the front end dip just before it rises, so he's using the compression to make it easier to lift. I've been trying to learn how to get it to do that, but again, consistency just isn't there yet.

good luck, my biggest worry all along is that i'll loop it and go up and over, hasn't happened yet, and i think with the weight of our bike it is likely a bit harder to have that happen anyways.

Dave

Old 09-14-2008, 12:49 AM
1st Gear Member

In response to the OP: I lifted the front one time on accident; When I came to a stop after riding down an old road, I saw a net of spider webs I had collected come floating all around me So I gunned it, shifted into second WOT, and the front unweighted and came up. It kinda surprised me so I just closed the throttle and it came back down. Just gotta get the revs high enough and it'll power wheelie if you shift and go WOT. Plastics are too expensive to do balance wheelies

Old 09-14-2008, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

i can get the front up. that really wasn't where i is was going. i'm just a bit curious as to how much clutch is needed and how much damage will occur over a long period of time.

Old 09-14-2008, 03:09 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by lcpl0331
i can get the front up. that really wasn't where i is was going. i'm just a bit curious as to how much clutch is needed and how much damage will occur over a long period of time.
The clutch can take it, they can take a lot of abuse. The friction plates are a consumable, though, so they will eventually need replaced. Like brake pads.

A lot of clutch abuse is hard on the oil, though, and generates a lot of engine heat. If you work it a lot, it's wise to keep the oil fresh.

Quick Reply: 250s wheelies?