250S In Pennsylvania

Search this Thread

Old 06-21-2007, 12:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 250S In Pennsylvania

I'm just afraid my dad will be riding more then me[:@]!! Is this bike made for 2 riders? I noticed the extra pegs. I also got a sick ZOX Air Attack helmet, Oneal XXXL gloves, and i think they are "Smith" goggles? The helmet Looks awesome! It has a closeable vent in the front and a vent in the back and some kind of "cool" liner to keep your head cooled.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:03 AM
1st Gear Member

u can do short hops with 2 people... but to be honest its depressing if their both adults.. it is only a 250 afterall.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:41 AM
1st Gear Member

+1 on not riding the streets without a license. People and cops give you the strangest looks while you are on it. Cops do not need a reason to pull you over, it would also suck to have to see the klx get impounded because you were riding with no license. Congrats on the new bike, and welcome to the forum.

Old 06-21-2007, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

Hello Will Shoemaker. welcome to the brotherhood. do not get pulled over on the street at your age!!!. riding on the street is not worth the hassle you will cause yourself if you getpulled over. ride the snot out of it off road but stay off the street until your legal.

you don't have to opologize for asking questions. that's why we're all on here. we ask some and we answer some. post any question you have and they'll always be someone out here to answer you.
good luck bro and enjoy your new bike.

Old 06-21-2007, 02:05 AM
1st Gear Member

Wow! This forum is way friendlier and more alive then both dirtrider.net, thumpertalk, and 4strokes.com all put together! My friend lives 1 mile away, and we live on a back road and there are no trails to get to his house, but his woods are the best around! Could I push my bike? Or make my brother take me in the truck when he gets home from work?

Thanks for being so friendly,
Will

Old 06-21-2007, 02:25 AM
1st Gear Member

you could do the old side saddle ride thing. you ride it side saddle at a speed slow enough that if you see or hear a car coming you can get off the seat real quick. it's really very simple. you clutch it,down shift to nuetral,shut the motor off and then slide off the seat so that it looks like you've been pushing it the whole time.i wouldn't suggest doing this in a populated area but if your out in the sticks on a dirt road or something like that it beats pushing it or waiting around for your brother to get home.

at your age idon't thinkit's legal for you to be riding a plated bike so i think you should take the plate off whenever you ride.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:22 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

+1 on not riding the streets without a license. People and cops give you the strangest looks while you are on it. Cops do not need a reason to pull you over, it would also suck to have to see the klx get impounded because you were riding with no license. Congrats on the new bike, and welcome to the forum.
Welcome aboard Will! +1 on the impound yard. There's a State Police barracksa couple of miles from my housethat has at least a dozen ATV's sitting in their impound yard - which is just a fenced-in area outside. They've all been there over a year, and they look it!

When I was 14, I got busted crossingthe road in front of my house on a 3-wheeler.Left the housewith no problem, but the cops were waiting for me when I came back. They could have gotten me forover $500 worth of fines for things like no registration, no mirrors, non-DOT tires, etc. Instead, they fined me $250 for driving without a license. Because of that, I automatically had to waituntil my 17th birthday to get my learner's permit. It sucks when all your buds are driving and you're stillbumming rides. All of that because I road on the highway exactly 28 feet!

You can ride a plated bike in PA - just not on the road without a license. Is there no way that you can blaze a trail from your house to your friend's house? If not, your stuck using the side-saddle method lcpl0331 mentioned. Be careful!

Old 06-21-2007, 12:24 PM
1st Gear Member

I couldn't sleep at all last night. I went to sleep at 3 A.M and woke up around 6 A.M. and got a shower and stuff. I can't stop thinking about my bike. I've been reading about how people have been having trouble with their warranties, I hope mine doesn't break[:@]. I was also hoping that with the stock gearing it will still work good in the woods, I don't feel like waiting a week to get a new sprocket. I'm afraid to do any of the at home modifications to the motor and air filter. I know you guys have had great resuslts but I have bad luck with that stuff =/. 9 more hours until the bike gets ridden.

Thanks,
Will

Old 06-21-2007, 12:33 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

The bike runs ok stock, but i would def rejet. stock gearing isnt bad, i rode nates bike in NJ with stock gearing does just fine. Good luck man.

Old 06-21-2007, 12:45 PM
1st Gear Member

G'day Will,

congrats on the bike, I bet your dad ends up riding the KLX more than his Ninja

Don't forget the pics of your new KLX as well as pics of Dad's Ninja

Cheers

Quick Reply: 250S In Pennsylvania