250s converted to supermoto

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2008, 01:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by barthel75
yes it is from zeta

and thank you on the comps
You deserve it! Sharp lookin machine. I'm about to order a few things from ZETA myself. Probably both brake res., heel gaurd, brake clamp, and brake clevis.
Also lookin to get some black plastics. My 09 will be a dirt version, similar to yours.
Here she is so far:

Name:  IM000214.jpg
Views: 36
Size:  86.9 KB

Old 12-24-2008, 03:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Barthel, any way of making this thread a sticky for anyone looking to convert to supermoto? Your bike is an awesome sm example and you've provided the rest of us with a lot of good information.

Old 12-25-2008, 02:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Barth,that looks way too sweet.I am doing the 18" front for mine also,I'm taking the avon I bought for the rear and throwing in the front and going a wider for the rear. Just have to love throwing these light bikes around in motard trim.All my buddies that have taken mine for a spin with it motarded are doing theirs up the same.

Old 12-26-2008, 03:32 AM
1st Gear Member

thank you for all the comps anything i can help with leave me no and merry christmas and happy new year

Old 12-27-2008, 02:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KLX07OZ-1
Bp88

No disrespect to you but that was not my point

I dont get the whole moto thing and why people moto bikes.

I think it's more about the look of the bike than anything else. I personally think it makes the bikes look totally stupid and i often laugh at riders who ride past.
As for riding a moto bike of road with those tyres (I Don't think so)

If you mean a dirt road maybe but serious off road (NO WAY)

The moto racing i have seen is totally boring, But thats me just my opinion.

I think people who moto dirt bikes are try hard road bike riders who either can't afford a road bike or cant handle a road bike.

Seriously guys come on

Cheers

I know Im late on this one but...Cant afford a road bike? You can buy a ninja for less then I paid for my KLX, not to mention how expensive the parts are to convert it to a super moto. And havent you watched the super moto at the x-games? Full speed transitions from dirt to asphalt and back to dirt, tight turns and jumps. Cant do that on a street bike.

Old 12-27-2008, 03:07 PM
1st Gear Member

Yep thats me on my ugly bike and no skill or money for a real street.

Old 12-29-2008, 12:28 AM
1st Gear Member

dont forget me for bike of the month in jan 09 since you all seem to like what i have done

Old 01-01-2009, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member
Thumbs up To supermoto

I love dirtbikes... I alway's wanted one. Offroad riding is awesome. I have a quad sitting in the garage doing nothing. Thank god for plowing snow I've used it a dozen times. You can't ride here or there, trial closed to dirtbike and quads. So I modify my klx to a street riding monster. It has the right balance of speed and power. I can drive over the speed limit and no one notices.

Attached Thumbnails 250s converted to supermoto-parts-012a.jpg  

Last edited by slimenlyman; 01-01-2009 at 10:34 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 01-02-2009, 05:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by je2000
Here's a YZF450 vs. some gixxers for you.

The gixxers pull away in the straights but it's quite obvious that the YZF is superior in the turns.

The YZF is an off-road bike stock by the way. It was converted.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JEhF0B94sw4
LOL! That reminds me of when we're in the mountains. The big bikes gun it and pass me on the straights, but the those porkers are always in my way in the corners.

I used to ride liter bikes in the same area. The motard is so much easier and faster in the tight stuff.

I really don't understand why motard haters even bother to read these threads, unless their motive is to 'contribute' in the same fashion KLX07OZ did

Too bad. If he ever adds a motard to his stable, or much less rides one, he'll understand.

Last edited by tremor38; 01-02-2009 at 05:25 AM.
Old 01-06-2009, 12:19 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by slimenlyman
I love dirtbikes... I alway's wanted one. Offroad riding is awesome. I have a quad sitting in the garage doing nothing. Thank god for plowing snow I've used it a dozen times. You can't ride here or there, trial closed to dirtbike and quads. So I modify my klx to a street riding monster. It has the right balance of speed and power. I can drive over the speed limit and no one notices.
your bike looks good slime

Quick Reply: 250s converted to supermoto