2022 KLX300 colors

Search this Thread

Old 07-19-2022, 02:32 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Olderider
I don’t feel anything weird in first or second. I haven’t read any reviews like that either. Can you point me to some reviews where they talk about it? Thanks
also I have never done the oyster run. Too many crazy’s out there on bikes. Lol
most of the time I ride solo so I can not ever be pushed beyond what I am comfortable with and that also goes the other way. I have had people crash behind me and also I have done some stupid **** following others.
Years ago I used to host an annual supermoto canyon run group ride for a couple of years. Another group of riders was on a canyon road we use in our route when two riders went into an oncoming vehicle. One guy died and his brother lost a leg, and I never hosted another group ride again. It's just too ****ing dangerous. Guys get competitive, egg each other on, try to outdo each other, and crashes happen.

Like you I'm basically a lone rider and go at my own leisurely pace. That's how to live long enough to be an old biker.

Old 07-19-2022, 04:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Well I did find one group I really enjoyed riding with. I had a 2002 ZRX 1200 and was with ZRXOA . We had a couple group rides and their guys were all around the same age (low to mid 40s) and were not crazy. We had some real good times. If I found a few older guys that were responsible and have been riding for a while I wouldn’t mind riding with them.
Crazy story Tooter but it’s a story that is common. I have slowed down a little and don’t do some of the super crazy stuff I used to BUT I still have a great time riding.

Old 07-19-2022, 05:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Olderider
Well I did find one group I really enjoyed riding with. I had a 2002 ZRX 1200 and was with ZRXOA . We had a couple group rides and their guys were all around the same age (low to mid 40s) and were not crazy. We had some real good times. If I found a few older guys that were responsible and have been riding for a while I wouldn’t mind riding with them.
Crazy story Tooter but it’s a story that is common. I have slowed down a little and don’t do some of the super crazy stuff I used to BUT I still have a great time riding.
For me speed never had anything to do with the joy of riding
because all the bikes I've ever owned were small transportation motorcycles.

Old 07-28-2022, 09:03 PM
1st Gear Member

Added some range by adding a 1.3 gallon fuel jug. I mounted it to the t-Rex rear rack. Filled it with fuel and stored it upside down over night and 0 leaked. It should make my useable range at about 180-210 miles depending on how I ride. Not bad for just over 50 bucks.