2018s....

Search this Thread

Old 02-03-2018, 11:03 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 2018s....

Useless post..... but I went for a ride on the Versys today and stopped by the local shop. Two 2018 KLX250s' on the floor, a nice green one and the other in camo. Dayummm..... they were pretty!

Old 02-04-2018, 12:02 AM
1st Gear Member

So much for that camo if you saw it......LOL

Old 02-04-2018, 03:29 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Yeah, my old shop had those also. They look good. The biggie is fuel injection, but oddly for a dirt bike that goes into the boondocks way far away, I still like a carb. Don't get me wrong. I love fuel injection on my cars, trucks, hot rods, and road bikes. A good carb with proper setup works very well, and it won't have an electronic failure like a fuel pump, sensor, etc. to leave me stranded in the wilderness. When fuel injection works, it's sweet. I realize that FI has gotten just about stupid reliable and not a real concern. For a guy buying a new KLX right now, it's not something to be that concerned about. I'll keep my carb and my old KLX now. I'm glad to see them keep a green KLX in the mix.

Old 02-04-2018, 01:39 PM
1st Gear Member

I've been planning on the 351 kit from the start, so FI is out until one of the knowledgeable folk figures out how to work those two together. I feel pretty comfortable with the carb now and am happy with how my '09 runs, but sometimes that 'new car smell' is very intoxicating....lol