2010 KLX250S carb problems

Search this Thread

Old 05-14-2011, 06:45 PM
1st Gear Member

There is a down loadable service manual in the sticky thread section of ths forum.
You shouldn't have to play with different float levels, just set it as decribed in the manual.
In the past I have attached a soda bottle with gas in it to the handle bars, put a length of tube in it that would reach the carb, started a syphin and attached to the carb fuel input fitting.
This way you can eliminate the tank, pinched hoses, petcock, as the source of the problem.
Since you have already been in the carb at least 10 times, If the bike is under warranty, consider putting the bike back to stock and take it in for the dealer to fix.
Craig

Old 05-15-2011, 01:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Well I am goin to take it to the dealer now but , if I put it back to stock that defeats the purpose of doing the uncorking wich they said was fine and that piping it and jetting it will not void the warranty, so hopefully it goes well and they figure it out but maybe tomorow I'll give er one more shot. I better find this manual where is it ?

Old 05-15-2011, 02:08 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mooren
I even tried goin back to the stock 35 pilot and re-adjusting the float level, still wont run. Really regretting buying this POS and adding over $500 in add ons what a waste !
It's not the bike's fault.....

Old 05-15-2011, 06:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Took the carb all apart again and I have the float level set at 17mm to spec and it still does the exact same thing starts and runs with a little surging then all of the sudden gets real rich, but when i turn the fuel off and drain a little fuel outta the bowl it runs fine again ....................

Old 05-15-2011, 08:05 PM
1st Gear Member

Tried putting a smaller main jet and stock pilot and lowered the float leve again and still the same thing sounds like its missing and has way too much fuel goin in any prognosis on a carb that runs rich no matter what you do ?

Old 05-15-2011, 10:37 PM
1st Gear Member

Tried putting a smaller main jet and stock pilot and lowered the float leve again and still the same thing sounds like its missing and has way too much fuel goin in any prognosis on a carb that runs rich no matter what you do ?
Attach a clear tube to the drain port on the bottom of the carburator bowl. Route the tube up along side the carburator and open the drain screw. This will show the fuel level inside the carb. If your float and float valve are working properly, the fuel level should remain constant while the bike is idling.
Note: put sonething under the kickstand to get the bike as straight up as possable.
Don't let the tube contact the exhoust pipe. Don't ask me how I know.
Craig

Attached Thumbnails 2010 KLX250S carb problems-fuel-level.jpg  
Old 05-19-2011, 01:33 AM
1st Gear Member

I have now sent the bike back to the dealership.

There having a tough time too, can't figure out whats making it stumble and just run way to rich at any steady throttle above idle to wide open, Idles fine !

Old 05-19-2011, 10:23 AM
1st Gear Member

They should be able to fix it in no time.

Its just a one barrel carb.

David

Old 05-20-2011, 12:56 AM
1st Gear Member

Lol I think theres a defect in the carb, also may be an electrical problem, either way its going to take a really well assembled mechanic to figure whats wrong with it !

Old 07-22-2011, 04:26 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Lol I think theres a defect in the carb, also may be an electrical problem, either way its going to take a really well assembled mechanic to figure whats wrong with it !
What was the final out come?

Quick Reply: 2010 KLX250S carb problems