2009 KLX250s already back to the shop :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-20-2008, 02:21 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 2009 KLX250s already back to the shop :(

ORIGINAL: KLXer

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

Funny, no one quoted me for you to see my reply; that must mean you just couldn't stand it anymore and you took me off your blocked list. KLX'er, I'm flattered but somehow not surprised. As Forrest Gump's childhood doctor would say, "we sure got you straightened out didn't we boy?" 'LMAO'
Wow, you are behind the times--I have been replying to you ad-nausem ever since your new handle. See, when you change IDs the software is not smart enough to know its the same corn stalk with just a new name.
whatever- fact is you can't wait to see what I write. if you didn't care, you wouldn't take the time to respond to me.

Old 04-20-2008, 10:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Higgs,

Man I know the feeling, mine had an oil leak coming from the counter shaft sprocket and had to go back to the shop, it really sucks and I was really P***ed, but dealer fixed and have not had an issue since.

Cheers
Chris.

Old 04-20-2008, 12:53 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chris72a

Hey Higgs,

Man I know the feeling, mine had an oil leak coming from the counter shaft sprocket and had to go back to the shop, it really sucks and I was really P***ed, but dealer fixed and have not had an issue since.

Cheers
Chris.

Is that all..... thats nothing......

Old 04-20-2008, 01:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't you think that the motor would have seized before there were shifting problems if the wasn't any oil in it?

Old 04-20-2008, 03:05 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks guys! The first bike that was damaged was damaged at the factory. apparently there were engine issues with it, something about the cam being put in wrong?? I didn't really get the full story.

One of my problems is that i know NOTHING about bikes... except what i've learned from searching the forums here while i was lurking for the past few months. I know quite a bit about fixing cars, so some of the basic knowledge transfers over... but i didn't know there was a window to see the oil. (i wish i knew.) but the bike drove smooth and shifted really smooth too.

Anyway, it was awesome riding it on friday night... and i can't wait to have it back. My friend just picked a Yami wr250r, probably one of the first ones in southern ontario... that thing is quick! but my klx is plenty fast for me and i never evenhad a chance to open it up. as soon as i'm good enough riding it, she's gettin' upgraded though! I got this bike because it seems to be proven so i'm sure i won't be let down.

Old 04-20-2008, 09:39 PM
1st Gear Member

interesting. a few times i have come to a light and for some reason when I am at the light and I dowhift the shifter moves but the bike does not change gears. Then all i do is roll forward a little then i am able to shift into neutral.
my friend told me that happens with new bikes (new tranys).
now I am wondering if that is in fact the case or is there a real problem.
thoughts?

Old 04-21-2008, 01:12 AM
1st Gear Member

that same thing happen to my bike most of the time is funny this only happens when i use the 14t sprocket. 13t ok.

Old 04-21-2008, 01:23 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

that's common on all bikes. simply let out the clutch slightly and it will go into the closest gear. if you wait to shift down when you're stopped, that's what happens.

Old 04-22-2008, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

yea, my buddy kept saying "role it forward and back a bit, then try."but nothing. I dunno... i'll let you guys know as soon as i hear from the shop what it actually was. they had a hunch it was somepart between the shift lever and the star gear thing. (sorry for my terms... again, i'm learning). he said the shifter felt like it wasn't really attached to anything anymore.. it was "floppy" he showed me a blown up pic of thetranny for the 09 and showed me the part he thought it was. so i hope that's all it was. we'll see.

Old 04-24-2008, 02:27 AM
1st Gear Member

talked to the shop... the star gear was bad in it. Does anyone with experience think this sounds a bit weird? again, this thing is an 09 with about 40 miles or so on it. I find it odd. i guess anything could happen though. All they said was it was broken. thoughts? any help is definitely appreciated!

Quick Reply: 2009 KLX250s already back to the shop :(