2009 KLX250s already back to the shop :(

Search this Thread

Old 04-19-2008, 06:11 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 2009 KLX250s already back to the shop :(

Hi everyone... I was hoping my first post here would be a good one...

[rant]I boughtmy first bike... 09 klx250s (green) last Saturday, they'vebeen hard to come by in Toronto (that may have been the first one... no other dealer still has any in green). Supposed to take delivery on Friday and i get a call from thedealer/shop saying that my klx was damaged when they opened the crate. fine, they had another one come in that day, so i got that one instead. Picked it up last night

I had a chance to drive it around for a bit and I noticed that some times it would be tough to get into first. I assumed it was driver error because I probably only have 10 hours total on a bike. Went out on it this morning and it wouldn't shift out of N after about 15 minutes of riding... it wouldn't click into first or second... or anything.
So it's back at the shop... waiting for some new linkage parts from KAWA under warranty. Hope this is the only issue I’ll have with it for a while... hopefullyI’ll have it for next weekend[:@][/rant]

someone please tell me this is unusual for Kawa. i did a lot of research before i bought and everyone who ohas one seems pretty happy with them.

Old 04-19-2008, 06:27 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 2009 KLX250s already back to the shop :(

ahh well that blows!
I am praying that it was just a minor factory problem...I have 300 on my odometer and have not had a problem yet...I am sure there are a few that have raked up the mileage
Either way THAT JUST SUCKS!

Hope it's not down for too long

Old 04-19-2008, 08:17 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

so far so good here even with some power shifts into 2nd. I have to admit this tranny is way smoother than my '06's was. Anything can happen under tooling though and hopefully your dealer put enough oil in as they don't come shipped with oil. That could be the case too. How could you damage a bike uncrating it? Somehow, your dealer seems like the type that isn't too careful and could forget to fill the bike with oil if they damage a bike when uncrating it. But they'll never admit it if it was their fault if that is indeed the case. I've never heard of any KLX tranny problems in the past other than a few false neutrals. good luck though.

Old 04-19-2008, 08:36 PM
1st Gear Member

Ya, his sure sounds lots smoother than those 06's. lol

Old 04-19-2008, 08:59 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Funny, no one quoted me for you to see my reply; that must mean you just couldn't stand it anymore and you took me off your blocked list. KLX'er, I'm flattered but somehow not surprised. As Forrest Gump's childhood doctor would say, "we sure got you straightened out didn't we boy?" 'LMAO'

Old 04-19-2008, 11:04 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Ah..... i know the feeling...... good luck.[>:]

Old 04-20-2008, 12:19 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Hey Higgs, welcome to the site, sorry to hear about the shifting, but that's why they give them a one year factory warranty. I have 7200 miles and have not had any problems with the shifting at all. Oh sure I hit the occasional ghost neutral, but its operator error I'm sure. Anyway let us know what happens. these bikes are built Ford tough..........I mean Dodge tough.......well they are a tough bike.[8D]

Old 04-20-2008, 12:41 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 09KLXowner

Funny, no one quoted me for you to see my reply; that must mean you just couldn't stand it anymore and you took me off your blocked list. KLX'er, I'm flattered but somehow not surprised. As Forrest Gump's childhood doctor would say, "we sure got you straightened out didn't we boy?" 'LMAO'
Wow, you are behind the times--I have been replying to you ad-nausem ever since your new handle. See, when you change IDs the software is not smart enough to know its the same corn stalk with just a new name.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:02 AM
1st Gear Member

I wouldn't put you on my blocked list. Too funny to see some of the crazy s%$t you come up with. Just don't take it all too personal. I don't think anyone on here dislikes anyone as much as it seems like looking in from the outside. I used to get mad at all the BS cluttering up the posts but now I am starting to actually enjoy it. I guess your an entertainer IG.

Old 04-20-2008, 01:08 AM
1st Gear Member

so far so good here even with some power shifts into 2nd. I have to admit this tranny is way smoother than my '06's was. Anything can happen under tooling though and hopefully your dealer put enough oil in as they don't come shipped with oil. That could be the case too. How could you damage a bike uncrating it? Somehow, your dealer seems like the type that isn't too careful and could forget to fill the bike with oil if they damage a bike when uncrating it. But they'll never admit it if it was their fault if that is indeed the case. I've never heard of any KLX tranny problems in the past other than a few false neutrals. good luck though.
I thought the same thing about the dealer maybe being to blame. What if they forgot to put oil in it and ran it then realized it & put in oil and hoped for the best. Was the oil clean when looking through the window?

Quick Reply: 2009 KLX250s already back to the shop :(