2009 klx250 no start. is it crap?

Search this Thread

Old 12-21-2009, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Talking

maybe its the color?...mines green and sucks *** if it sits for more than a couple of days....I think next time I start it I will tap the bowl to see if it may be a stuck float.

Old 12-21-2009, 12:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by mikey_13
will changing the carb, competely fix this problem? does any one with bill's or another upgraded carb still have starting troubles?
Yes.

To start my bike from cold I give it one twist on the throttle (Bill Blue TM33/34) pull the choke and hit the starter, starts every time. Having said that where I live we don't get extremes of temperature.

Last edited by MaverickAus; 12-21-2009 at 12:36 AM.
Old 12-21-2009, 01:20 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by knobby
you have to lean it over until fuel comes out of the vent tube then upright it pull the choke and then turn over. It seems every time I dont let the fuel come out the vent tube it wont start.
My thinking as well. I will flood my big bores where you see fuel going out the over flow tube prior to the first kick. Generally 2-3 kicks on the 480 for example will get things running. I did the same with the husky 500 and the yami mx360 and with the mx400.

edit: I have not owned the klx yet.

Old 12-21-2009, 03:27 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by HeavyFuel
I've been wondering the same thing. There are a few of us out here that have not had any problems starting these bikes. If we could figure out what's different, we might save a lot of headaches for the guys with hard-starting bikes.
yeah its pretty weird. is it a mod u guys are doin maybe?? like removing all the smog stuff or somethin?? i dont know im just throwin ideas out there

Old 12-21-2009, 04:49 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09'Kawi250s
yeah its pretty weird. is it a mod u guys are doin maybe?? like removing all the smog stuff or somethin?? i dont know im just throwin ideas out there
I haven't done any mods. Other than a Clarke tank and a pair of handguards the bike is totally stock.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:25 AM
1st Gear Member

damn thats weird.. what elevation are ya at?

Old 12-21-2009, 01:50 PM
jxg
1st Gear Member

so for the heck of it, i went out after all the snow (and after it wouldn't start the day before), pushed the starter and it fired right up. unfortunately the snow was so deep i couldn't even get the bike out of the shed. going to try later today after I snowblow a path through the backyard.

Old 12-21-2009, 05:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09'Kawi250s
damn thats weird.. what elevation are ya at?
About 400ft

Old 12-21-2009, 07:35 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Jetting the bike has nothing to do with it starting hard. Mine started hard before the 132 and 40 jets, and it still does. Just run out the fuel. Someone on here mentioned that they just lean the bike over until fuel pukes out the carb. What that does is causes the float to allow more fuel in than the bike needs, the old gas is expelled and new fuel is introduced into the carb, essentially doing the same thing as running out the fuel and waiting for the next time you ride. The only difference is that you are not dumping gas on the ground.

I will add however that if you are using the fuel shut off and run out method but you forgot to do that last time you parked the bike, then you either have to lean the bike over and force new fuel in, or drain the carb using the carb drain screw, although its not real easy to get to at least on my bike with the Muzzy in the way. In that case the lean over method works great!

Old 12-22-2009, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by deej
Jetting the bike has nothing to do with it starting hard. Mine started hard before the 132 and 40 jets, and it still does. Just run out the fuel. Someone on here mentioned that they just lean the bike over until fuel pukes out the carb. What that does is causes the float to allow more fuel in than the bike needs, the old gas is expelled and new fuel is introduced into the carb, essentially doing the same thing as running out the fuel and waiting for the next time you ride. The only difference is that you are not dumping gas on the ground.

I will add however that if you are using the fuel shut off and run out method but you forgot to do that last time you parked the bike, then you either have to lean the bike over and force new fuel in, or drain the carb using the carb drain screw, although its not real easy to get to at least on my bike with the Muzzy in the way. In that case the lean over method works great!
hmm.. i have a 132 in mine.... damn u guys got problems.. if my bike did this i would of takin it back the first time and been like wtf?? to the dealer

Quick Reply: 2009 klx250 no start. is it crap?