2009 KLX 250S pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 11:02 PM
IG
Default RE: 2009 KLX 250S pics

well, like I've said several times- I regret selling my '06 KLX. If I still had it, it would be hard to decide if it was worth it to replace it with the new one or not.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Now that I have my ZRX the klx probably won't see as many miles but will still be ridden.There was alot of long road rides I skipped out on this yr because trying to keep up with the big boys was almost impossible,but on one trip when I had a hornet stinging the side of my head in my helmet I just aimed towards a field to rip the hemet off and my street only buddies couldn't even drive onto the soft shoulder without fear of falling over.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:29 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

I'm getting a red one asap.
IG in line waiting for his red one
Name:  berriesandcream.gif
Views: 15
Size:  563.4 KB

Old 12-28-2007, 12:54 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

well, if you say so I guess.

VFR- The new KLX has the same chain adjusters as the KX MX'ers. To me, this is a good thing. And suspension is alot more than just springs. Let's not forget the improved and more durable transmission on the new '09- yeah I too had lots of false neutrals between 1st and 2nd on my '06. Brake rotors are now petal brakes- they offer better bite because of the cuts, dissipate heat better, and clean themselves quicker. Let's also not forget the new front brake line that no longer hangs down past the rotor itself. The swingarm is all new as well- more rigid. You can say what you want about the new '09, but the bottom line is it's new and improved and its' coming to a dealer near you. Alot of you naysayers will probably want one.
New chain adjusters ... yawn...

I'm not getting any false neutrals, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I don't have a ton of miles yet, around 600. Is there something wrong with my transmission? Should I take it in to the dealer to get it fixed? It seems to work perfectly, but it's not an '09 transmission...I guess it's screwed up.

Brake rotors: Did your brakes not work before? Mine seem to work great and will lock up either tire on dry pavement (I know because I've done it)

Front brake line: Did you experience any problems with the earlier brake line routing?

Honestly, do you think you will notice the difference between the two swingarms? (be honest now)

As far as me wanting an '09, I had my chance. I could have easily waited a few more months, but I was worried I would miss out on the last of the '07's at the dealers, They just don't seem all that different to me. The reduced travel and the big plastic tailpiece on the '09 convinced me to go with the '07, but that's minor sh*t in the end. I'm sure the '09 and the 06/07 are both great bikes and will make a lot of owners happy.

P.S. I've been dringing.. [&:] [8D]

Old 12-28-2007, 01:38 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: HeavyFuel

New chain adjusters ... yawn...

I'm not getting any false neutrals, maybe I'm doing something wrong. I don't have a ton of miles yet, around 600. Is there something wrong with my transmission? Should I take it in to the dealer to get it fixed? It seems to work perfectly, but it's not an '09 transmission...I guess it's screwed up.

Brake rotors: Did your brakes not work before? Mine seem to work great and will lock up either tire on dry pavement (I know because I've done it)

Front brake line: Did you experience any problems with the earlier brake line routing?

Honestly, do you think you will notice the difference between the two swingarms? (be honest now)

As far as me wanting an '09, I had my chance. I could have easily waited a few more months, but I was worried I would miss out on the last of the '07's at the dealers, They just don't seem all that different to me. The reduced travel and the big plastic tailpiece on the '09 convinced me to go with the '07, but that's minor sh*t in the end. I'm sure the '09 and the 06/07 are both great bikes and will make a lot of owners happy.

P.S. I've been dringing.. [&:] [8D]
Hey, you forget about the charcoalcannister which emits enough negative ions to prolong your life byone year each time you ride.

Old 12-28-2007, 01:48 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: tremor38

Hey, you forget about the charcoalcannister which emits enough negative ions to prolong your life byone year each time you ride.

Crikey! I missed that one myself.
Must be something like the black eggs from Hokone?

Old 12-28-2007, 02:16 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

I am not sure if you two sucking eggs and ions is appropriate here. I could be missing something though.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:23 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Dragone#19

ORIGINAL: ZX1100F1

I am not sure if you two sucking eggs and ions is appropriate here. I could be missing something though.
Just don't expose to open flame and it's all good.

Old 12-28-2007, 02:32 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Then lets keep a hood on it. We do not want to spread the flame

Old 12-28-2007, 03:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Good Lord Man......give me my five minutes of my life back for reading this......lol WTF

Quick Reply: 2009 KLX 250S pics