2009 KLX 250S pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 06:43 PM
IG
Default RE: 2009 KLX 250S pics

nope, not true. Ford outsells all of them hands down. But if you want to put all of them in together, I guess you can call the F-series a truck and include the Super-Duty since it's just a heavy duty F-series truck like the HD Silverado and Sierras.
I did buy my KLX for the looks, but bud that was two years ago. Time has passed the KLX up with the introduction of these new '09's. Like I said arguer, I don't expect you or anyone else to come out and admit the '09 is an improvement over the '07 or '06. Downplaying everything that got improved on the new one won't make it go away. No it won't be faster or quicker, but it will be a better motorcycle. Comparing the two is basically like comparing a 1994 model to a 2009 model.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:48 PM
1st Gear Member

So your "09" model is a 1994 model with '09 plastic, less suspension and thicker spokes.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:21 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

nope, not true. Ford outsells all of them hands down. But if you want to put all of them in together, I guess you can call the F-series a truck and include the Super-Duty since it's just a heavy duty F-series truck like the HD Silverado and Sierras.
I did buy my KLX for the looks, but bud that was two years ago. Time has passed the KLX up with the introduction of these new '09's. Like I said arguer, I don't expect you or anyone else to come out and admit the '09 is an improvement over the '07 or '06. Downplaying everything that got improved on the new one won't make it go away. No it won't be faster or quicker, but it will be a better motorcycle. Comparing the two is basically like comparing a 1994 model to a 2009 model.
nope not true

according to JD Power & Assoc. for the 2006 calander year including any model year 2006 & 2007

"The Silverado is the second-best-selling vehicle in the U.S., and the folks at GM would argue that. Ford's F-Series is counted as one vehicle brand, but if you count Silverado sales with GM's other full-size truck -- the GMC Sierra -- they'd be given credit for first place."

What ever is in you garage is the best bike, we all know that. My problem is you will rave about the 06 KLX looks, fork, & brakes at one time then they are absolute **** in the next thread--nothing on the bike has changed.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:44 PM
IG

ORIGINAL: HeavyFuel

So your "09" model is a 1994 model with '09 plastic, less suspension and thicker spokes.
I don't have an '09. And no the '09 is NOT just a '94 with new plasticlike you said but the '06 and '07 are with only the shrouds being different than the original '94's. Read the improvements Kawasaki made to the bike. Larger spokes is not the only improvement. It has a little over an inch less travel in the suspension, but the suspension valving is the problem with the older KLX- it's too soft for anyone over 160 or so pounds. This was modified on the new '09. This is a different bike in a lot of ways. The engine and frame are the same, but most other things have been changed or updated including the forks, swingarm, brakes, wheels. That's a lot of stuff on a little dirt bike. I'm sure everyone will want a new one when they finally see one in person. I'm getting a red one asap.

Old 12-27-2007, 07:53 PM
IG

ORIGINAL: KLXer

nope not true

according to JD Power & Assoc. for the 2006 calander year including any model year 2006 & 2007

"The Silverado is the second-best-selling vehicle in the U.S., and the folks at GM would argue that. Ford's F-Series is counted as one vehicle brand, but if you count Silverado sales with GM's other full-size truck -- the GMC Sierra -- they'd be given credit for first place."

What ever is in you garage is the best bike, we all know that. My problem is you will rave about the 06 KLX looks, fork, & brakes at one time then they are absolute **** in the next thread--nothing on the bike has changed.

dude, time changes things, makes them older and less appealing. The KLX you have is one sweet looking bike from its forks to its brake rotors. But so is the '93 Mustang Cobra. But time brings new designs which make the older ones seem dated. That's what has happened here. The new KLX is fresh with numerous improvements. Just like the '05 Mustang GT has done to it's predecessors, it has made them look outdated and old while it is fresh with many improvements over the old. It's not a bad thing or something to argue, it's just a fact of life. There's nothing sitting in my garage but a little JR50, I'm not saying it's best. Stop with your riffraff, I'm trying not to get into it with anyone here.

ps. Not from OK, just entered some numbers in there.

just editing the quote here only

Old 12-27-2007, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Read the improvements Kawasaki made to the bike. Larger spokes is not the only improvement. It has a little over an inch less travel in the suspension, but the suspension valving is the problem with the older KLX- it's too soft for anyone over 160 or so pounds. This was modified on the new '09. This is a different bike in a lot of ways. The engine and frame are the same, but most other things have been changed or updated including the forks, swingarm, brakes, wheels. That's a lot of stuff on a little dirt bike.
I'm sure that you will be happy with your purchase.
There are some changes ....... wheather or not they are better, will more than likely be detirmined by the type of riding that you do.
Valving has nothing to do with the spring capacity. They will more than likely have the bike set up for the same weighted rider. Less suspenion travel won't be noticable on the road but on the trails and jumps it sure will be. Did I miss something on the brakes? What significant changes did they make on the brakes? Swingarm? New chain adjusters sure go along way in improving a bike don't they.
It really matters not, those of us who think that the improvements are worth updating will do it while the rest of us will keep what we have until such time when we want something different.

Old 12-27-2007, 09:54 PM
1st Gear Member

Outdated bikes huh,I guess we just voted this month BOTM out of pity?hahaha

Old 12-27-2007, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Seems as though anything not new is a used up junk.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:43 PM
IG

well, if you say so I guess.

VFR- The new KLX has the same chain adjusters as the KX MX'ers. To me, this is a good thing. And suspension is alot more than just springs. Let's not forget the improved and more durable transmission on the new '09- yeah I too had lots of false neutrals between 1st and 2nd on my '06. Brake rotorsare now petal brakes- they offer better bite because of the cuts, dissipate heat better,and clean themselves quicker. Let's also not forget the new front brake line that no longer hangs down past the rotor itself. The swingarm is all new as well- more rigid. You can say what you want about the new '09, but the bottom line is it's new and improved and its' coming to a dealer near you. Alot of you naysayers will probably want one.

Old 12-27-2007, 11:00 PM
1st Gear Member

nawwww,I'll stick to my 06 for now and maybe later when it's all worn out I'll look for another DS to replace it.I don't pound it off road so it may take awhile.

Quick Reply: 2009 KLX 250S pics