2009 KLX 250S pics

Search this Thread

Old 12-24-2007, 06:53 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 2009 KLX 250S pics

The newly redesigned and "highly anticipated" plastic tail section. [sm=happy046.gif]

Old 12-27-2007, 04:10 AM
why

ORIGINAL: tremor38

I heard May, IG. How about changing you name from 'why' to 'maybe I deserved it'

ORIGINAL: why

any word when the 09's are coming out? Local dealer had no idea what I was talking about.....
don't quite follow you on that one.

Hopefully it won't be May cause I probably couldn't wait it out & would grab the yamaha.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:28 AM
IG

Tremor thinks I have created another username so I can post here; he evidently thinks I've been banned or something. He thinks your screenname "why" is one I created. Deep down he knows he hasmade a fool of himself again by obsessing over IG and when and under what name I post around here. It really is pathetic. It's like he pretends to be a gps for IG on this forum.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:39 PM
1st Gear Member

Kawasaki pretty muched screwed the 06-07 owners and the new 09 owners with the redesigned klx. It was hard enough finding aftermarket parts (body wise) for the 06-07 and we started to get some companys to step up and make some for us. But now with the redesign no one is going to want to tool up for a bike with a 2 year run and I am sure they won't be jumping the gun for the 09 owners either. Kawi should make the d-tracker plastic available over here, and some of the Japan only companys should start to import there goods for us. If they only new there were a bunch of Americans wanting to spend there $ on parts they already make.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:42 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 2k1w=no$

Kawasaki pretty muched screwed the 06-07 owners and the new 09 owners with the redesigned klx. It was hard enough finding aftermarket parts (body wise) for the 06-07 and we started to get some companys to step up and make some for us. But now with the redesign no one is going to want to tool up for a bike with a 2 year run and I am sure they won't be jumping the gun for the 09 owners either. Kawi should make the d-tracker plastic available over here, and some of the Japan only companys should start to import there goods for us. If they only new there were a bunch of Americans wanting to spend there $ on parts they already make.
+100%

Old 12-27-2007, 04:51 PM
1st Gear Member

+1

I could have waited for the '09 KLX, but the '07 looked, to me, more like a plated dirt bike, while the '09 looks more like what Japan Inc. thinks we want in a dual sport (XT250, CRF230L, '09 KLX250S). They really need to look at what KTM, Husqvarna, and Husaberg are doing. We want plated dirt bikes! Spare us the semi-knobby commuters.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:25 PM
IG

ORIGINAL: HeavyFuel

+1

I could have waited for the '09 KLX, but the '07 looked, to me, more like a plated dirt bike, while the '09 looks more like what Japan Inc. thinks we want in a dual sport (XT250, CRF230L, '09 KLX250S). They really need to look at what KTM, Husqvarna, and Husaberg are doing. We want plated dirt bikes! Spare us the semi-knobby commuters.
it amazes me that you guys can make generalizations about a bike that no one has even seen in person. and to put even the new '09 KLX in the same sentence as those other two bikes isn't comparing apples to apples. Those bikes are beginner bikes all the way with drum brakes, smaller engines, no suspension pretty much and air cooling. At least the KLX has the capability to become a pretty good dirtbike. The '09 has many improvements over the old KLXS. If tires are why you're not buying a new '09, well you're missing the boat. This new bike is the future and it will be a better bike. Anytime anything new replaces something old it takes time for people to accept it, no different here. Look at the current F150 to the past one. Took a long time for people to like it, but it always was the top selling truck in the USA. Look down deep at the improvements to the new '09, it was improved in every area the old one needed- brakes, suspension valving, bodywork, handlebars, gauges, wheels, swingarm, chain adjusters, radiators, seat, etc. It's just a more up to date bike. The old one was nice, but as I can attest as an owner of an '06, it was very out of date both styling and component-wise. Not to say it was not a good bike, just that the one on the way is a big improvement. I don't expect owners of '06's and '07's to jump on the bandwagon and agree, but deep down it is the truth. The old KLX never was a real dirt bike as the suspension would bottom over a pothole and thebrakes weren't the best in the industry either. The new one has improvements wherethey wereneeded most.

btw, the KLX has been produced for years. It just made it over here in '06. It's been around since '94 I believe. Aftermarket plastic never matches and looks cheesy imo. The demand just isn't there for aftermarket plastics for more companies to produce it. As far as plated dirtbikes, well this is USA. It's hard to pass emissions. Husky and KTM arethe only "real" dirtbikes with a plate available here. The next question you have to ask yourself is the premium price worth it? To me it wasn't and still isn't. For someone who rides off-road daily then it probably is. I like a cheap bike that can do it all and the newKLX is calling me out. With some minimal jetting, some type of exhaust, and a 13-tooth front sprocket will make it real fun.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I can't wait to hear about how the thicker spokes transformed the 09 into a 07 slayer. Once he buys the 09 it will be this is "the ****" & the 07 "is ****" just like the DRZ was when he had a KLX, how the KLX was when he had a DRZ. Im salavating at the mouth for it.[sm=love.gif]

It has been posted BY IG that he bought his 06 for looks---NOW IT LOOKS OUTDATED. Keep up with yourself man

Old 12-27-2007, 06:23 PM
1st Gear Member

What the hell, lets derail since it was probably well on its way.

The F150 is only the best selling because GM splits its trucks between the Sierra & Silverado. Combined sales of Sierras & Silverados have outsold the F150 numerous times in recent history.

Old 12-27-2007, 06:41 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

Those bikes are beginner bikes all the way with drum brakes, smaller engines, no suspension pretty much and air cooling.
The Yamaha has the same engine capacity as the KLX. All three bikes have front and rear disc brakes.

Suspension travel:
KLX - 10.0"F 9.1"R
XT - 8.9"F 7.9"R
CRF - 9.9"F 9.0"R

Quick Reply: 2009 KLX 250S pics