2007 klx250s questions

Search this Thread

Old 10-04-2013, 04:45 PM
Default 2007 klx250s questions

Hey there, new member here looking at buying a used 2007 klx 250s in my area, have a few quick questions regarding them.

Looking at the model year, i see the headlight design was changed in 2008, would it be possible to install a 2008 headlight or are there any decent aftermarket options?

The bike im looking at has 7k on it, seems to run well, and has one of the plastic front fork guards broken, as well as some physical damage to the rear turn signal light, however it still works. I haggled him down to 2700 for it. (keep in mind this is in canada). Does that sound like a reasonable price?

Anything else I should be looking out for on this year or in particular? Any help would be appreciated.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:09 AM
drm
1st Gear Member

nice score. price is relative but if your happy then thats what matters. take a look at the FAQ in sticky above as you can learn just about everything to look out for. as for the headlight, is yours broken? the 2009+ are different will not fit without mods. mine needed a manual cam chain tensioner. other than that, i fill it up and just ride the snot out of it.

Old 10-05-2013, 03:50 AM
TNC
1st Gear Member

My favorite model is the '06/'07...no '08 models were made. The '06/'07 has 11" of travel while the '09 and later models are about 10". Plus the '06/'07 models are more like the pure off road KLX300 in the chassis and suspension. It's probably a little better off road model, but the '09 and later models are very capable too. Those brittle OEM fork guards are junk. UFO makes a nice set for an older KX model that fits with just a little modding. They're made out of fender grade plastic and will last a long time. The UFO units are inexpensive too. Lots of info on this site. Just start and go backwards in the post history.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Just depends what you want, I think the newer ones are better for what I like to do with it (supermoto: vanity) but if I were to go and get a true dual sport I'd want the earlier model.

Old 10-05-2013, 05:45 AM

Nah the headlight isnt broken, I just really like the look of the 09 headlights, so was wondering if it was possible to just slap one on, or if there was an aftermarket option for it.

Old 10-05-2013, 12:50 PM
1st Gear Member
Old 10-05-2013, 03:08 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Dan, those are about the ugliest headlights ever...but they do work.

Two years ago I was riding alone in Utah on a fast dirt road just south of the Needles section of Canyonlands. I was doing about 45-50 and came around a big corner hugging the right hand side, obviously. A big 950 KTM came flying around the same corner head-on over on his side of the road going faster than me. It had two of those huge, bug-eyed desert headlights mounted...it was daylight, but you couldn't miss noticing those two huge lights sticking up there. We were closing aon each other at least at 100 mph. It was obvious that the other rider was wisely staying over on his side of the road. He also had some sweet sounding aftermarket exhaust on that thing.

When I got back home, I posted on ADV to see if any inmates there were that rider I encountered. Sure enough it turned out to be "Crosscountry", a known, desert racer of some ability. I met him later at one of our gatherings. We were both glad that we knew enough to hug our outside corners of our turns when hauling a$$ on a dirt road...LOL! I'll never forget the look of those two bug-eyes barreling around that corner at high speed.

Old 10-05-2013, 06:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Dan, those are about the ugliest headlights ever...but they do work.

Two years ago I was riding alone in Utah on a fast dirt road just south of the Needles section of Canyonlands. I was doing about 45-50 and came around a big corner hugging the right hand side, obviously. A big 950 KTM came flying around the same corner head-on over on his side of the road going faster than me. It had two of those huge, bug-eyed desert headlights mounted...it was daylight, but you couldn't miss noticing those two huge lights sticking up there. We were closing aon each other at least at 100 mph. It was obvious that the other rider was wisely staying over on his side of the road. He also had some sweet sounding aftermarket exhaust on that thing.

When I got back home, I posted on ADV to see if any inmates there were that rider I encountered. Sure enough it turned out to be "Crosscountry", a known, desert racer of some ability. I met him later at one of our gatherings. We were both glad that we knew enough to hug our outside corners of our turns when hauling a$$ on a dirt road...LOL! I'll never forget the look of those two bug-eyes barreling around that corner at high speed.
Agreed, not really the look i'm after, but they have their own attraction factor, kind of an "its so ugly, it's cool" thing.

Old 10-06-2013, 03:09 AM
drm
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by dan888
Agreed, not really the look i'm after, but they have their own attraction factor, kind of an "its so ugly, it's cool" thing.
man you WOULD need 351ccs to run that...

thats a slick bike

Old 10-07-2013, 03:16 AM
1st Gear Member

One of the frisbee sizes fits perfect over those lights for a rock guard. Friend uses the glow in the dark one, and likes to turn it on, then off to glow into camp at night, the goofball. carry an extra 55/65 , seen vibration take them out, also to get to the bulb requires some sae sized tools.

Last edited by RimBender; 10-07-2013 at 03:18 AM.

Quick Reply: 2007 klx250s questions