2007 KLX 250 For Sale

Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2007, 01:13 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 2007 KLX 250 For Sale

ORIGINAL: danny1two3

The $5,100 included the bike, dealer delivery fee, taxes, title, (maybe some other fees also)and the helmet.
$5,100 is not highas you are quoting true OTD as in including tax, tags, plates, and everything necessary for true on the road cost. A lot of people throw around "OTD" figures and they are just talking about the price of the bike plus fees, which is not trueOTD.Somestates have sales tax alone that is almost 9%.For example if someone paid $4,600 for the bike,just the tax alone would be $414.
Most people don't realize what OTD means and I hate when people in low/no tax states brag about how little they paid "OTD" compared to another person who lives in a high tax/fee state.

Old 08-02-2007, 01:26 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: 67L48

FYI, here's a 2007 with 430 miles and an FMF pipe on ebay. Should give you an idea on market price for a low miles 2007 model.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eB...57788&rd=1
sweet thats in the town i grew up in.. but i'm not in the market right now

Old 08-02-2007, 03:03 PM

ORIGINAL: danny1two3
I appreciate the information. Were you trying to tell me that I'm in line with my pricing?
Nope. Wasn't really trying to make a judgement call one way or the other. Simply noting that there is a similar bike on ebay right now. This may or may not give you an idea of market price right now. You may have already looked around enough to get an idea on market price, in which case my post is trivial.

I'm infatuated with this bike, but can't afford it. Or, rather, choose to spend my money on other hobbies. So, I've been scouring the used market for several months, even though it's totally irrational for me to do so. From what I've seen, $3,500 is about the average. 1,500 miles seems like a breaking point -- above that tends to fetch sub-$3,500 prices; lower fetches higher than $3,500. $4,000+ is the rare exception. Again,these arejust my observations and I'm not suggesting that you individually are wrong, right, etc.

I agree with you on the aftermarket parts bit. In fact, a while ago a person listed a KLX for sale here and listed every single thing he'd done to it, right down to a $4 bottle of radiator additive. Made it sound like some sort of Speed-Channel project gone wrong. Naturally, he wanted a premium for these parts. Some might pay it, buy my experience is that most won't and some might be down-right turned off by so many mods. A pipe might be the only exception, simply because it's so common, easily reversible, and very analogous to after-market exhausts that people do on their cars. Anything else -- sprockets, ride heights, tanks, suspension, etc. -- is moot or negative.

The other thing you do need to do is forget about your own OTD price. It's irrelevant. The market price for your bike is what it is. Doesn't matter if you paid $5,100 OTD, $3,100 OTD, or $50,000 OTD. BTW, the local Kawi shop in Fort Collins, CO sells at list with no add-ons + 6.7% sales tax. That's $5,122 OTD before registration/title. So, I disagree with earlier statements that said you paid too much.

Good luck with your bike sale.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:13 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

If you don't like the higherfees in your state, buy in another state.
When you buy a street legal vehicle, you pay tax where you register the vehicle. It doesn't matter what state I buy from, I pay CT tax.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:41 PM
1st Gear Member

Also, I don't think there is a state that doesn't charge sales tax.
Oregon doesn't have a sales tax, New Hampshire doesn't either, there may be others...

If I buy a bike in Oregon, and register it in New Mexico, I will have to pay the 3% sales tax in New Mexico.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:43 PM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Move then.
If I ever do, you can be assured it would not be Iowa.

Old 08-02-2007, 09:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Honestly, People sell slightly used items way too cheap. If they would stick to their guns, They could get more but somebody is always in a big hurry to sell and take a beating on the price. I mean taking a $1000 loss on a bike that ain't even broken in yet is rediculous. Or in this case $1200-$1400. I paid $4754 otd which included Everything even the registration and license plate fees.I bought the helmet seperately. I know of other people who paid less but I think they had to pay registration & Taxes in addition to their so called OTD Price. I am not a big fan of buying used Bikes because of the high likelyhood of problems, crash damage, Improper break-in wear etc....But I still won't take a beating on my Klx until about 100,000 miles. I'd rather give it to a family member.

Quick Reply: 2007 KLX 250 For Sale