2007 Kawasaki KLX 250 For SALE

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2007, 09:26 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 2007 Kawasaki KLX 250 For SALE

I find it amusing how most threads IG "contribute" to, end up in some sort of confrontation. Way to support the community buddy.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:04 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey, IG.

You and I had a civil exchange early in this thread on your opinion on the price I paid/overpaid for my bike. I'd like to direct a reply to you that I hope you take as one meant to be civil and respectful.

I do not know you off this board. All I see are your posts and it paints a picture of a certain type of person. Whether that person is the real you is irrelevant because what you project on this forum is what it is, accurate or not. You can be either person, it doesn't matter to me.

You like to state a lot of opinions and speak your mind about various things. That's your right to do so, of course, but in a privately-managed forum like this, you do not really have the absolute right to state your opinion and challenge people like you appear to do without running into resistance from other members of the forum and/or the management.

This forum's management has the perfect right to set limits on the type of speech they allow on this board. It's got nothing to do with Communism or being un-American. It's got everything to do with having a friendly or at the least, non-threatening place to go online and have reasonable discourse and constructive dialog.

I will not speak for the other posters who sling jibes at you, that's their perogative (as are your responses in return). I will not insult you or show you disrespect in this post (and try not to in any future posts) but I will ask/suggest that you think twice before you write a post that's obviously meant to illicit a emotional response.

It's very easy to make a neutral post or reply...just keep personal references out of it. Going into it with people about home towns, cost-of-housing, sporting teams, military service...this is all external stuff that gets in the way of discussing about our shared interest: motorcycles in general and the KLX 250 in particular.

I am very new to riding in general and the KLX 250 in particular. I am not new to Internet forums and getting involved (if only as a spectator) posting wars. If I did not have thick skin and the ability to count-to-10, as it were, I would've found my initial experiences on this forum distateful and went away quietly. However, this seems to be one of the places to go to learn about the bike I just bought so I'd like to stay around so I'll take my lumps when I have to.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Alex,you said it perfectly my friend and am sorry you had to take the IG blast also.Welcome to the forums and keep your opinions coming.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:33 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

plus you know that there are people on here that like me and will not agree if you do.
You have misspoken .......... There are people on here that tolerate you. There is no one on here that "likes" you.

Oh, IMO

Old 09-26-2007, 10:34 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Iowaguy

ORIGINAL: deej

And if you keep it up I will ban you. I don't want to but I will at least suggest that you stop coming on here and causing trouble. Do you realize that I have been quiet about this ever since you first bought the KLX and trashed it and bought the DRZ and still trashed the KLX and now you want to buy another one while still telling people that they paid too much or that they will be disappointed? I think its time to move on. You poked the bear now deal with it.
you don't have the guts, plus you know that there are people on here that like me and will not agree if you do. I could care either way. you don't have any evidence to ban me if you do do it. what if i called you an "idiot gay ***"? you gonna ban him too? you're selective in who you talk smack to and pull rank with i see. go wash your bike "mod".
Are you serious? I challenge 5 people out of 6000 on this forum post that they like you or what you offer here. Let's hear it guys, if 5 people on this site say they like what you say or the way you continually bring discontent in nearly every post you leave here, I will never again post anything about you again EVER! Does that sound fair? Otherwise, my other suggestion to everyone else is just ignore every single post from Iowa and lets get back to normal.

Old 09-26-2007, 10:45 PM
1st Gear Member

you mean this isnt normal.[:-]

Old 09-26-2007, 10:47 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

stiring the pot huh poodle?[8D]..lol

Old 09-26-2007, 10:48 PM
1st Gear Member