200 mile ride today

Search this Thread

Old 03-16-2011, 06:17 PM
1st Gear Member

Soooo? Which is the best oil: dino or synthetic? Then: which brand?

HiJack over!

Old 03-16-2011, 06:24 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er

HiJack over!
That's easy...mineral oil in the plastic bottle from Kroger. I'm all about the environment and Al Gore.

Old 03-16-2011, 07:06 PM
1st Gear Member

They still are using the tire in a dual sport capacity...if they were more offroad oriented, they would most likely choose differently. They enjoy longevity as much as traction it seems, so you'll get a harder compound as well as closer shorter *****.
The 760's have worked well on my 4strokes but are terrible on my 2strokes. My 2stroke is for offroad only; I ride predominantly in soft terrain so the tire is chosen accordingly.
I agree with the implication that it's a personal thing.
Dino in bikes!
Terraflex....that things like running a metal tire

Old 03-16-2011, 07:46 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er

HiJack over!
Dial a jet, anyone?

Wesson.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:29 PM
TNC
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Stroker331
They still are using the tire in a dual sport capacity...if they were more offroad oriented, they would most likely choose differently. They enjoy longevity as much as traction it seems, so you'll get a harder compound as well as closer shorter *****.
The 760's have worked well on my 4strokes but are terrible on my 2strokes. My 2stroke is for offroad only; I ride predominantly in soft terrain so the tire is chosen accordingly.
I agree with the implication that it's a personal thing.
Dino in bikes!
Terraflex....that things like running a metal tire
Not so fast there, Senor Stroker... If you look closely even at the 760, because it's DOT certified, it gets classified in the dual sport category. I think most of these manufacturers just slap the DS marketing label on most anything that gets a DOT rating.

No kidding on the Terraflex. Here just recently one of our riding buddies got a flat on his KTM520 with a Terraflex on the rear. For one, it took him awhile to figure out he even had a flat, and two, you should have seen and heard the workout and cussing when he changed the tube.

Old 03-16-2011, 08:50 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by TNC
Not so fast there, Senor Stroker... If you look closely even at the 760, because it's DOT certified, it gets classified in the dual sport category. I think most of these manufacturers just slap the DS marketing label on most anything that gets a DOT rating.

No kidding on the Terraflex. Here just recently one of our riding buddies got a flat on his KTM520 with a Terraflex on the rear. For one, it took him awhile to figure out he even had a flat, and two, you should have seen and heard the workout and cussing when he changed the tube.
The pirelli mt44 which is a soft to intermediate tire (really a soft) is DOT legal but it's widely known in the east as a tire that finds traction. The enduro dudes use them from sand to rocks...I keep like 3 of them in my stock as they're a great tire. Not known as a DS tire but it's wack! Anyway, there are better tires than the 760 but if I need to blacktop it, I'd rather waste it then a non-dot soft tire. The difference between a 606\21 and the 44 is unreal offroad.
Had a terreflex on an open 2stroke I had and it wasn't the greatest tire for me either. Wore nicely and wound up sawing it off.