200 mile ride today

Search this Thread

Old 03-13-2011, 01:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default 200 mile ride today

Well spring is almost here and the weather is good. I had a trip to make today and I took the bike. Learned a few things, with my mods the bike now hits reserve at 75 miles consistantly. With the kenda 760's my emergency breaking time is increased somewhat. The bike overall is just a blast to ride and i'm getting old. Right now I'm walking a little bent over from being sore. I did notice that the rear tire slides alot easier with the *****. I put in nearly 200 miles today all but 25 were on road and I loved every minute I was on the bike. I rode all types of road for gravel to miles of slab and more cc's might have helped but not what I'm after. With my 13 tooth c/s I rode at quite high rpms alot and the bike didn't gripe at all. Other than feeling it now I wouldn't change a thing. Oh yea I passed all kinds of bikes from Harleys to sport bikes and it was all good.

Last edited by linkin5; 03-13-2011 at 03:42 AM. Reason: I still caint spelll
Old 03-13-2011, 04:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Right on! Last night I cleaned the chain and put on a new rear tire (D606 rear and Pirelli Scorpion Rally Pro front - last weekend). Today, I took the bike for a 50 mile ride to break in my new tires. The front tire is great, feels thin as a razor making the bike feel super nimble. The rear is a little loud on the street but should do just fine. Riding season will be starting earlier for me with gas going ^^^^^^^^^^^^

Old 03-13-2011, 04:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Once home I did alot of basic upkeep, tightened the chain, lubed it. I took my Uni filter out and washed it in the sink and it's drying now. Checked the oil and it was fine before and after, I'm using syn. so I haven't changed it from last year yet. Here in Indiana it's wet so I had no dust in the filter so I'll be ready to go in the morning. If my body is willing, it may be a 4 wheeler day as it seems to take less of a toll on me these days.

Old 03-13-2011, 04:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh yea, one last thing to add, Im on my fourth cocktail and I'm starting to feel alot better now.

Old 03-13-2011, 05:15 AM
1st Gear Member

once you have your feel of the bike dialed, its great. everyone has a feel they want there bike to have, some people it takes longer than other to find. i like a very dirt based set up, with a 120 rear (thin but doesnt drop into ruts/grooves too much), and 13 tooth 90% of the time/14 for long trips.

Old 03-14-2011, 01:20 AM
1st Gear Member

200 miles and no pics? c'mon, cough up!

good to hear...the best part of the riding season is just about here.

and how old are you, old fart

Old 03-14-2011, 02:24 AM
1st Gear Member

I'll be 50 this year so I ain't the oldest here but some days I feel like it, it's one of those deals where if I thought I'd live this long I'd taken better care of my self. And no pics as the only part worth photos was the off road stuff and I never remember my cell takes about as good of shots as my real camera. Most all of the time was spent riding like nearly 6 solid hours on the bike with only stopping to refuel.

Old 03-14-2011, 04:17 AM
1st Gear Member

apologies for calling you 'old fart' then. i'd always taken you for a younger rider for some reason. as dear grandfather used to say..."it's the ****s getting old."

Old 03-14-2011, 02:54 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

That's a good ride for the KLX in one day! Were you standing on the pegs to get relief from the 2X4 they call a seat on these things? That the only way I survived 700 miles in 3 days to Canada. Congrats man, that's awesome!

Old 03-15-2011, 02:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Lets just say my taint went numb and after awhile it stayed that way.

Quick Reply: 200 mile ride today