1st Impression of new bike

Search this Thread

Old 12-10-2006, 06:32 AM
Default 1st Impression of new bike

Ok, I went on my first ride on my new KLX today. I have not been in the dirt since they started using plastic on dirt bikes! The first thing I noticed is they have came a long way with suspensions and the bike is a little tall for me. I have not been able to really wind it up because it is still new but the power seems to be great I will know when I get it broke in. The gearing seems a little too tall for trail riding but I guess it is better in on the road with this gearing. I think I will add a couple of teeth to the rear.

After 25 years of road and track riding I forgot how hard and physically demanding off road riding is. I can't wait to get better and really enjoy this bike. I think I made the right choice.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:40 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 1st Impression of new bike

Evil, enjoy your little beast, and a little uncorking goes a long way. Have fun and congrats.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:26 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

What Tony said! Like you, this was my first bike after many years and it was just right at first. And as I got more comfortable on it, it was easy to open it up.

Old 12-10-2006, 09:07 AM
1st Gear Member

[sm=happy046.gif][sm=icon_cheers.gif]

All I can say is HOOORAY! Add another to the fold. Welcome aboard!

Old 12-10-2006, 02:20 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

welcome to the dirt! Its a blast, Just wait til you rejet the carb and put a exhaust on and open the airbox.... lots more power hiding.

Old 12-10-2006, 07:16 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Have fun, and don't listen to these guys about adding mods its fine just the way it is...........yea right who am I kidding, they are a bad influence on me, and I'm glad.

Old 12-10-2006, 08:50 PM

ORIGINAL: EvildoerZX10R

After 25 years of road and track riding I forgot how hard and physically demanding off road riding is. I can't wait to get better and really enjoy this bike. I think I made the right choice.

EvildoerZX10R,

Okay, I'm going to assume that you have a ZX10R - a true "hammer" that is disguised as a motorcycle. What raw power that bike has! I've had a chance to ride one. While not in the same league - it's above the 'Busa and the ZX-12R - as most other bikes on the road, it is a bike with brutish power. Definately NOT for the beginning rider!

In your statement you mentioned how hard and physically demanding off road riding is. You forgot to mention another attribute of the kind of riding most of us do . . . . . FUN !

Don't you agree?

Old 12-12-2006, 05:28 AM

Most defiantly FUN! I have been on a few more short rides and I can't believe how much fun this bike is. I do have a zx10r with 172 HP on the ground modified suspension the stickiest tires you can get. It is my second zx10 along with a string of powerful bikes over the last 15 years. But, I haven't been on it since I bought my KLX. I am even going to put some street tires on my new KlX and see what it's like hauling a$$ down the Dragon. It is much more fun than the baddest sport-bike because you don't have to prove anything. The pressure is off and the fun begins!

To top it all off you can find a trail or dirt field and just go out and have some fun and then ride home.

Old 12-12-2006, 06:04 AM
1st Gear Member

Not to mention you can wring the snot out of the KLX on the street.....................and still be legal, whereas I'm guessing your 10R will break the US speed limit in 1st gear?

Old 12-12-2006, 06:14 AM

Ya, I still love the fast bike when I go out with my friends on other fast bikes to the mountians but you right 100 MPH in first is overkill on the street. Like I said this bike is more fun than my zx10.

Quick Reply: 1st Impression of new bike