1st 2nd and 3rd time dumping it all in one day

Search this Thread

Old 03-07-2013, 06:51 PM
1st Gear Member
Default 1st 2nd and 3rd time dumping it all in one day

1st time about 11:20, in the dirt, sf front tire, in a turn hit some rocks bike went down beneath me. No biggie. Handguard moved up and i broke my clutch lever (doh!!!!)

2nd 11:35 doing a circle donut in the dirt, hit front brake (im used to mtbing where front brake is friend in dirt bad habbit) so the front slipped obviously went down broke right handguard, jesus bad luck

3rd time 11:40 wheelie practice, almost hit a curb, hit front brake before front touched ground, yes slipped out and slid 10ft or so, broke my left taillight and ripped my glove open.

Im not lucky today atgatt evs g6 ballistic jersey helmet gloves mx boots and jeans, but my legs are fine thank god

Old 03-07-2013, 07:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Glad you're ok!
As we say, "there's two kinds of riders: those who've crashed, and those who will crash"! The only thing we are really in control of is having the right gear on when it's our turn...

Old 03-07-2013, 07:15 PM
1st Gear Member

BTW, I grew up riding bicycles on a continent where it's customary to locate the front brake lever on the right. I have set up EVERY one of my bicycles since to the same so that I NEVER have to second-guess which lever the front brake is in a panic situation, motorcycle or bicycle.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:22 PM
1st Gear Member

Smart man haha! Yeah i just have to be more concious, ive never made so mistakes before. I suppose we all have our off days

Old 03-07-2013, 07:33 PM
1st Gear Member

Meh. Crashes are about a 50% likelyhood for each stunt, when playing around.

Old 03-07-2013, 07:48 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by DigiSnapMark
Meh. Crashes are about a 50% likelyhood for each stunt, when playing around.
Yeah, I knew the risks, still, can't help but get mad at myself for those mistakes I knew better

Old 03-07-2013, 07:57 PM
1st Gear Member

I eat **** at least twice if not more when I go ride offroad. Its just part of the game. As for the street only once when I grabbed to much front brake in some gravel.

From a few weeks ago. Guess a little to much lean and rear brake.

Old 03-07-2013, 08:02 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cegusman
I eat **** at least twice if not more when I go ride offroad. Its just part of the game. As for the street only once when I grabbed to much front brake in some gravel.

From a few weeks ago. Guess a little to much lean and rear brake.
Crash at SHORP - YouTube
see I only low sided once in the dirt, both other times were high sides. I'm feeling it now in my hup haha

Old 03-07-2013, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member

When we are riding hard, I’ll go down at least once or twice. When I’m riding on the edge of my capabilities, sometime I go over that edge. Thank god for the gear I wear and the soft sand I ride in. I have mastered the “tuck-n-roll.”

Old 03-07-2013, 09:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Yeah having the correct gear is the key. I always wear mx boots, knee/shin pads, mesh jacked with pads, gloves and helmet. I have yet to loose any skin, just some soreness. And yes the tuck-n-roll is something to learn.

Last edited by cegusman; 03-07-2013 at 09:55 PM.

Quick Reply: 1st 2nd and 3rd time dumping it all in one day