click on attatchment to see larger pictures

[IMG]local://upfiles/1071/5DB4C178B6B741959D0D50AD2B7478A5.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-02-2006, 05:23 AM
Default RE: Another alternative

same

[IMG]local://upfiles/1071/A63F8E0BDE3C43EFA6456862A15A2130.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-02-2006, 05:28 AM

shroud screws look to be in same spot. It looks so close im going to go ahead and order( percacet induced buying)

[IMG]local://upfiles/1071/C9BDA4EB068740239E1780B7E0DAD858.jpg[/IMG]

Old 02-02-2006, 05:34 AM
1st Gear Member

That's it! That's the one I'm going to order.

I'm convinced IMS is responding to you that way because either a) they have no frickin' clue what a KLX250S is and don't realize it's the same basic frame they've been supporting for 10 years or b) they don't want to encourage the use of their tank on a street legal bike.

The tank will fit but there's a chance the fan will have to go. We'll know soon.

Old 02-02-2006, 05:37 AM

well I just ordered it so we'll just have to see when it arrives

Old 02-02-2006, 11:48 AM

Y'all are getting me all excited!

Not sure which way to go, Acerbis or IMS or Clarke!

From what I am hearing from Maverickaus, the Acerbis tank will mount up and you can keep your fan to boot! That sounds like THE way to go!

The Acerbis tank, with the shroud graphics on it should look quite good!

Old 02-02-2006, 11:12 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Marty

Y'all are getting me all excited!

Not sure which way to go, Acerbis or IMS or Clarke!

From what I am hearing from Maverickaus, the Acerbis tank will mount up and you can keep your fan to boot! That sounds like THE way to go!

The Acerbis tank, with the shroud graphics on it should look quite good!

If that tank fits...I'm putting the KLX250 decals on

Old 02-03-2006, 12:29 AM
1st Gear Member

I continue to pursue the Acerbis angle as well. My only concern is the color (I know, it's a dirt bike and I should get over it) but I actually like the way the bike looks now with the shrouds and decals. The pictures of the Acerbis tank make it look pea green.

The other problem with the Acerbis tank is they seem to be on backorder nation wide and I've not been able to confirm if it ships with the support struts mentioned in the KLXzone article.

Who knows where I'll end up on this gas issue. I may just end up with a small aux fuel cell in place of the tool pouch (and in front of my Pelican) if I can't get either of these tanks for some reason.

Old 02-03-2006, 08:07 AM

well I tell you what todd I will make the IMS tank fit even if I have to modify the plastic. even if it dont fit I will make it. And it will look good to because theres nothing worse than a ugly bike. If it gets in the way of the fan I think I can take to an auto body shop and get the tank slightly modified. On a different not seems like evrything I order for this bike ends up on back order. so I will not post pictures till the bike is complete. But i will send in updates as i recieve parts.

Old 02-03-2006, 10:29 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: sdunne

well I tell you what todd I will make the IMS tank fit even if I have to modify the plastic. even if it dont fit I will make it. And it will look good to because theres nothing worse than a ugly bike. If it gets in the way of the fan I think I can take to an auto body shop and get the tank slightly modified. On a different not seems like evrything I order for this bike ends up on back order. so I will not post pictures till the bike is complete. But i will send in updates as i recieve parts.
I'm with you there. I think the IMS will fit with minimal mods to the bike. The fan is my least concern as there are many fans available with a smaller footprint that move just as much air.

I think the other minor issues will be the main wire harness(s) below the tank (they may need to be repositioned like on the bike in your picture) and the shrouds which are slightly different than the older KLX250 shrouds the tank was designed for.

Given that the Acerbis now seems to be made of unobtainium, IMS may be the only solution.

Quick Reply: 13t sprocket installed