13t sprocket installed

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2006, 05:24 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Another alternative

ORIGINAL: Gravy Train

All right folks,, I'm very disappointed in my dealer in North Carolina. I went today to order my front sprocket and took all the info from this site to help me out. Well they don't even have the 2006 books or program that will show parts for the klx. I told him that I was looking for the PBI po45-13 part #50-045/13 and he had no idea what I was talking about.
Do you guys have a site where I can order the thing online? Or am I stuck with the parts guy answer..... Sir you have to wait until we get the 2006 parts books!! I know that you all can help. I just don't want to get the wrong one. Help me please!!

Did I mention that I am starting to dislike the parts guys in the dealerships, they are arrogant, and seem irritated that you are asking for something that they haven't heard of yet. I think we all need to be patient, and wait for more time for them to catch up with what we already know. Anyway the spacer that my machine shop friend made was perfect, and I ran up and down the road a few times and I really noticed the power range difference.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:33 AM
1st Gear Member

Wait 'til you get a 45t, WOW.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:37 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Tony, Does the 45 fit with the guard in the back? And since I went down in the front sprocket, can I go up to the 45 in the back and still use the same chain (stock) Or did you have to get a new chain? The parts guy said he could get back sprockets all day for these bikes, so I might consider it.

Old 01-21-2006, 05:50 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: deej

Hey Tony, Does the 45 fit with the guard in the back? And since I went down in the front sprocket, can I go up to the 45 in the back and still use the same chain (stock) Or did you have to get a new chain? The parts guy said he could get back sprockets all day for these bikes, so I might consider it.
I think you could go up to a 46t without any clearance problems, 45t looks like a perfect fit. I have not put the effort in to see if the 13/45 combo will work with the stock 106L chain, I hate messing with the o-ring master link. It will be very tight if it does.

Old 01-21-2006, 06:23 AM
1st Gear Member

Yep. That's dealers for ya! There are a number of places you can order it online. That sounds like the right one. I'll have to go check the socket...

Old 01-21-2006, 07:31 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey deej i know what you mean about the parts guy. I finally had to tell mine to open his ears and not his mouth and you might learn something. I was getting sick of hearing " it does not exists or it cant be done". Anyhow, glad to hear you got the sprocket on feels different dont it . After some time on the 13/42 i have come to the conclusion i want 13/45 or 46 we will see.

Old 01-21-2006, 07:36 AM
1st Gear Member

Yea me too, definitely going to get the 45 on the back. Later man. Man I have 400 miles already, and that is with 36 straight days of rain. 350 road miles, and 50 on the trails.

Old 01-21-2006, 08:06 AM
1st Gear Member

Well thanks for all the help guys. I orderd the pbi 50-045 13 for 21.95 tonight. I don't really have a warm and fuzzy about it. I just hope that it's the right one. If not I will be sending it back.

About the clearence for the rear sprocket... I already took care of all the clearence problem.. I trimmed that guard back so it will give more space for the sprocket that I will be getting... Plus I really never liked the looks of that long guard anyway. I think that it looks alot better shorter.

I will let you all know how it all turns out once I get the sprocket in the mail.... later...

Old 01-21-2006, 09:29 PM

Gravy Train,

Where did you order it from?

Let us know about your success. I want to go the 13 tooth front sprocket ASAP.

Old 01-21-2006, 09:51 PM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Gravy Train

Well thanks for all the help guys. I orderd the pbi 50-045 13 for 21.95 tonight. I don't really have a warm and fuzzy about it. I just hope that it's the right one. If not I will be sending it back.

About the clearence for the rear sprocket... I already took care of all the clearence problem.. I trimmed that guard back so it will give more space for the sprocket that I will be getting... Plus I really never liked the looks of that long guard anyway. I think that it looks alot better shorter.

I will let you all know how it all turns out once I get the sprocket in the mail.... later...
Not bragging, just concerned. I paid $9.99 + tax for my PBI sprocket.

Quick Reply: 13t sprocket installed