13 tooth primary vs Stock 14 - A few words.

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2022, 08:49 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by durielk
HD's go thumpity, thumpity, thumpity..... .... lets just call it thumper.
Hell, in that case a Honda 350-4 is a thumper since it goes thumpity-thumpity-thumpity-thumpity, firing four times in 720 degrees. Or a CBX since it goes thumpity-thumpity-thumpity-thumpity-thumpity-thumpity, firing six times in 270 degrees. Sorry, history still holds true for me. Singles are by historical references thumpers, with the single piston thumping every other revolution, plus the vibration of a single is rather distinctive. thump... thump... thump... Two full rotations of the crank between the next firing, firing every 720 degrees. No other cylinders firing, just the one.

But if it trips your trigger, call it what you want.

Old 02-09-2022, 08:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ForestThump
I pity the dude that drops by years from now looking for meaningful and relevant info on sprocket combinations and has to wade thru pages of "Harley's are thumpers" debate.
Yep, kind of like an archeologist digging through the dirt to find bones, bits of earthen ware and tools.

Old 02-09-2022, 09:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
Yep, kind of like an archeologist digging through the dirt to find bones, bits of earthen ware and tools.
But at least the archaeologist rather knows what he’s getting himself into. Is aware that he’s gonna throw away/disregard 99.99% of his work in hopes of finding treasure. Is that what kawasakiforums has become? I hope not.

However, since we’ve gone there already, I seem to recall H-D themselves actually trying (unsuccessfully) to patent their distinct “potato-potato-potato” sound many years ago.

Old 02-09-2022, 11:58 PM
1st Gear Member

If a forum follows the straight and narrow it becomes severely boring and one-sided. Like James Davis's msgroup.org. I caught crap from him for describing how a nose wheelie (stoppie) worked. He got all over me for describing an unsafe act. I told him we'd call it a day and take me off the roster. A motorcycle safety **** if ever there was one. You don't see it his way, hit the highway... but don't speed or do anything he wouldn't do.

Fun forums run off course at times and sometimes it adds to the knowledge for members. It's kind of like bench racing in the shop or garage. It may range about. Imagine trying to run bench racing discussion in strict topical lines all night... boring and no fun... gimme another couple beers.

Old 02-10-2022, 01:28 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by klx678
Hell, in that case a Honda 350-4 is a thumper since it goes thumpity-thumpity-thumpity-thumpity,
So now your saying a Honda 4 is a thumper? Have you ever heard a Honda 4, or a HD? News flash, one is a thumper! Have you ever heard a HD running next to a KLX? Which is the thumper? ... yes you know the answer!
By your definition, every 2 smoker is a thumper. Is that the way it is, no!
Now bring the word salad twisting every fact around in circles to get the world aligned with your demented interpretation of the world.

Old 02-10-2022, 02:15 PM
1st Gear Member

Is there a way to block someone?

Old 02-10-2022, 03:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Muaahahaha.....

Old 02-10-2022, 08:40 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by durielk
So now your saying a Honda 4 is a thumper? Have you ever heard a Honda 4, or a HD? News flash, one is a thumper! Have you ever heard a HD running next to a KLX? Which is the thumper? ... yes you know the answer!
By your definition, every 2 smoker is a thumper. Is that the way it is, no!
Now bring the word salad twisting every fact around in circles to get the world aligned with your demented interpretation of the world.
Yeah so today is the day I officially quit this forum.

Old 02-10-2022, 10:58 PM
1st Gear Member

Don't give up, just block...which is becoming normal on all of the forums I visit. It is like being called 473 times a day for a car warranty plan or to buy land at 20% of market value. There are always a few who believe anti-facts.You'll never solve it. Stick around.

Old 02-11-2022, 11:38 PM

Thumpers are also called 'single-lung' engines......go figure!

Quick Reply: 13 tooth primary vs Stock 14 - A few words.