is a 128 DJ main jet to rich for full ex, an free mods with stock pilot

Search this Thread

Old 05-08-2008, 01:37 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: is a 128 DJ main jet to rich for full ex, an free mods with stock pilot

ORIGINAL: djmerullo

Hey db wanna ride?
I am up in North Florida, east of Pensacola. We ride all the time up here.
db

Old 05-08-2008, 01:43 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: is a 128 DJ main jet to rich for full ex, an free mods with stock pilot

ORIGINAL: chuck2302

is this correct for the needle??? the needle is the dynojet one

on the needle i have one e clip, then a washer and an eclip at the top

http://farm3.static.flickr.com/2205/...55099f.jpg?v=0
Put the clip (only 1 clip) on the 4th from the top slot on the dynojet needle. You probably won't have the little collar (I didn't) so thats where you put the 2 washers from the dynojet kit. There is no 2nd clip required so don't put it on.
db

Old 05-08-2008, 10:46 PM

there must be something wrong with the way i described it, i will have totry the 4th clip with two washers bike doesnt pop and idles good but when you pull it goes to lke 2k and falls on its face, doesnt acellerate or pull.

Old 05-09-2008, 12:08 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: chuck2302
there must be something wrong with the way i described it, i will have totry the 4th clip with two washers bike doesnt pop and idles good but when you pull it goes to lke 2k and falls on its face, doesnt acellerate or pull.
Double check your needle looking at the DynoJet instructions. Make sure you got all the washers an clips set right. Your power description seems like a high needle setting.

You can pull the needle without removing the carb.....take off the tank and access from above ... no problems.

Old 05-09-2008, 02:42 AM

moving the needle made it wake up, but when i give fast power the bike stutters or kinda cuts out and on, i have the air box lid on and stock snorkel, should i now remove this,,,,needle change helped, bike does have power, does not pop on deceleration at all......air screw 2.5 turns out. the power issuse seem to be greater above 4k rpm and alsohigher gears at wide open throttle.

THANKS A TON GUYS FOR GETTING ME IN THE RIGHT DIRECTIONS!! much appreciated

Old 05-09-2008, 03:53 AM
1st Gear Member

Well thats a little better. I know you're going to hate this suggestion, but try the needleone clip higher than dyno jet recommends due to elevation.

Before you change the needle, take your airbox lid and snorkle off and try the bike...might make a difference with thestock drilled pipe.

Old 05-09-2008, 05:01 AM

i have a full muzzy on now.

Old 05-09-2008, 08:06 AM
1st Gear Member

If you don't do more than 2 feet of water, lose the airbox lid. It's the biggest srangler of the KLX's motor. More air +more fuel = more power. That's good.

Old 05-10-2008, 12:24 AM
1st Gear Member

hi guys, I am at sea level and I recently put on a two-brothers slip-on (finally) and switched my jetting as follows:

originally (with drilled stock exhaust to 1 3/8")
132 DJ main jet
slide drilled 7/64ths
FS out 2.5 turns
clip on 4th position
airbox lid modified with app. 3"X3" hole in top, no snorkel
with this set-up the bike seemed to run great, but after putting on the two-brothers I changed to this:
128 DJ main jet
slide drilled (no change)
FS about 2 1/3 turns out
clip moved to 3rd position
airbox lid still the same as above
I have had the new pipe on for a week now and have run a complete tank of gas through the bike with it (new smell finally gone), but the bike pops a little bit on decell and the exhaust smell is more prominant than it was before the new pipe was installed. Am I running a tad rich?And should I ditch the lid altogether? or should I drop the needle a slot? I don't know much about tuning the carb, but am willing to pull it if need be to make any adjustments that would dial it in. Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.
Here is the airbox lid...
Name:  IMG_0641.jpg
Views: 116
Size:  139.5 KB

Old 05-10-2008, 02:57 AM

cant ride, rain rain rain, crappppp SNOW!!! will have to work on it sunday, racing rc cars saturday, first off road race!

Name:  006_6.jpg
Views: 150
Size:  20.7 KB

Quick Reply: is a 128 DJ main jet to rich for full ex, an free mods with stock pilot