09 vs. 07 vs. xt250

Search this Thread

Old 12-27-2007, 05:50 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 09 vs. 07 vs. xt250

An 07 KLX for $3000 bucks with 700 miles is a steal!! If you do decide to go for it make sure you check it out all over and find out where it has been for the 700 miles. (dirt or tar) If you want a reliable, tough and forgiving 250 then the stockKLX is the one, but if you decide to mod it then you will be dealing with a different beast altogether. Best of luck on your choice.
Cheers!

Old 12-27-2007, 05:54 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: hokie01

I personally don't like the XT,it's just a revamped xt225 which is the same as my ttr.If you really look at an xt compared to the klx you would see the major differences,they just look cheaply builtandhave crappy drum brakes in the rear.They are a definate starter bike more so than the klx.IMO They are probably a great local commuter bike but doubt they have the longevity of something with stroger parts. Sorry deej,I know you and your wife have one but I've had mine for almost 6yrs and it's just falling apart.
What year is yours? Ihave seen these things close to 20 years old still running and looking good. What did you do to it?

Oh and my wife's bike is a 2006 and the other one in the garage is a 2003, both are awesome bikes, but I guess nothing compared to the KLX right?

Old 12-27-2007, 07:08 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: IG

Well, I don't know if I'd go so far as to say they're the "most technologically advanced DS on the Market"; but I will say that they are very well built and run quite well for what they are. I consider any dirt bike that has dot legal equipment to be a DS, and the Husky kills all other manufacturers in technology. Take a ponder at their '08 TE's, I'd take one of those over any Husaberg or KTM in a heartbeat. They're a downright machine, no pun intended. But $ and time to ride still dictates what I buy and thereare still plans on a red 2009 KLX being in my garage no later than March.
Let's see, the Swedish, became Italian, became German motorcycle? Exactly what would you be buying? A motorcycle line that was dropped like a hot potato by Viking and Cagiva only to fall into the unsuspecting hands of BMW? Oh, and let's not forget their outstanding parts availability.

Gotcha, I'll run right out and buy one...NOT! I would choose KTM in heart beat.

Old 12-27-2007, 10:00 AM

Hello,
I am looking into buying a 09 KLR250s or a new XT250 from yamaha. I want a good bike for trails and the woods but need it to be able to handle a few hours at atime on the road with no worries at hwy speed. Also, what bike will be able to rack on the most mileage? Any suggestions on what bike would be better suited?

Old 12-27-2007, 11:27 AM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

KLX!!!! what else would you expect us to say from a kawi site?

Old 12-27-2007, 03:55 PM
1st Gear Member

The KLX has a 6 speed tranny, while the XT has 5. That sixth gear comes in handy on the highway. The KLX is liquid cooled, while not as simple as the air cooled XT, will help regulate engine temps during long hill climbs, deep mud or sand riding, stop and go traffic, riding in really hot weather, etc.

Seat height is another area where these two bikes differ, if you have short legs it might be a good idea to sit on one of each before deciding:
The KLX - 35.0"
The XT - 31.9"

MSRP (not including bargaining)
KLX - $4,899
XT - $4,399

I'd say, unless you are vertically challenged, or can't spare the $500, go with the KLX. (of course!)

Old 12-27-2007, 04:50 PM
IG

ORIGINAL: tremor38

ORIGINAL: IG

Well, I don't know if I'd go so far as to say they're the "most technologically advanced DS on the Market"; but I will say that they are very well built and run quite well for what they are. I consider any dirt bike that has dot legal equipment to be a DS, and the Husky kills all other manufacturers in technology. Take a ponder at their '08 TE's, I'd take one of those over any Husaberg or KTM in a heartbeat. They're a downright machine, no pun intended. But $ and time to ride still dictates what I buy and thereare still plans on a red 2009 KLX being in my garage no later than March.
Let's see, the Swedish, became Italian, became German motorcycle? Exactly what would you be buying? A motorcycle line that was dropped like a hot potato by Viking and Cagiva only to fall into the unsuspecting hands of BMW? Oh, and let's not forget their outstanding parts availability.

Gotcha, I'll run right out and buy one...NOT! I would choose KTM in heart beat.
LOL, hook line and sinker tremor, or should I call you "IGaddict"? Husqvarna makes the best off-road motorcycle in the world out of the box. If youhave some evidence to prove otherwise, I'd like to see it. The '08's are downright awe-inspiring. Parts are not a problem in the states. Why anyone would want to live where you do is beyond me.

Old 12-27-2007, 04:57 PM
1st Gear Member

Why don't we ask the other 127,433,493 other people living in Japan why they would want to live there?

Old 12-27-2007, 05:04 PM
1st Gear Member

While we're on the subject, whereabouts in Oklahoma do you live, IG? Your profile lists 58884 as your ZIP code, but that ZIP is not listed by the USPS.

It's a head scratcher.

Old 12-27-2007, 05:06 PM
1st Gear Member

IG, your post is ridiculous, in particular the part about him choosing where to live given he is in the military that provides you the freedom to live in your corn field. I also like your best in the world comment as fact, expected & enlightening as usual.

Quick Reply: 09 vs. 07 vs. xt250