'09 Purchase Price

Search this Thread

Old 08-04-2008, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member

The 09 will be cheap. Especially when the 09.5 comes with FI.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:42 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
What's the matter Iowa...you feel the need to use name calling to support your lack of an opine...that's sad. Feeling insecure. Fact is buying a bike and having it shipped can be great deal.....why do you have issues over this......seems kinda stupid??? Never mind I did it and it was several hundred bucks cheaper than my local dealer.
Poodledick- "Oh btw I bet an 09 will be able to be had cheap...just give it time or patience like the man said. Remember when the 06 first came out...no budging on the price .... look at it now dumbazz."

umm, you're the one who called me an idiot a few days ago and now a "dumbazz". if you can't take it after you've dished it out, you better go back to your boat, or, "flats skiff".
lmao

well, when I got $200 off msrp when the first '09 came into Iowa in March, I'd call that a pretty decent deal. now, what would it had cost if I shipped it in from say, ANYWHERE ELSE? sure not cheaper than $4990 otd for everything. feeling insecure? when you have to define your fishing boat in your profile, I'd say that's a little insecure. me? never buddy. why would I? I've got it all, what do you have? oh yeah, your "flats skiff" and of course your precious ktm and klx. whoa dude!!

Old 08-04-2008, 04:52 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Come on guys, don't use the new guy's thread to do this. That's what pm's are for.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:55 AM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

Oh I almost forgot Bozemanbound, welcome to the forums.

Old 08-04-2008, 05:00 AM
1st Gear Member

My cash price was $4468.17 for the bike... basically my deal was $5400 O.T.D. They tried to yank me over for full MSRP PLUS shipping and setup, and I told them I'd be taking my pre-approved loan and walking, so we talked it down to $5400 even. I'm the first one they got; they now have a red model sitting on the sales floor.

Old 08-04-2008, 02:47 PM
1st Gear Member

You might want to look for a low mile '06 or a leftover new '07 to save some cash. I had to pay dealer prep, 6% sales tax, freight, tire fee, plus tag and title. Sticker price for my '07 was just over $4000 but the dealer smoked me on the fees. I don't see any way to get around sales tax when a title is included in the purchase. My Motor vehicle Administration would have forced me to pay taxes on the bike when I tried to get it tagged. Even if the bike was purchased out of state.

Get 'out the door' quotes wherever you do.
Good luck.

Mike

Old 08-04-2008, 03:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey welcome to the forums and wow you guys crack me up lol... Anywayz I paid 5200 for mine thats the bike,taxes,legalize,and gloves and helmet. I thought it was a good deal

Old 08-04-2008, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by cliffsta
My cash price was $4468.17 for the bike... basically my deal was $5400 O.T.D. They tried to yank me over for full MSRP PLUS shipping and setup, and I told them I'd be taking my pre-approved loan and walking, so we talked it down to $5400 even. I'm the first one they got; they now have a red model sitting on the sales floor.
So what was the nearly $1,000 for. C'mon man, you got beat on that deal. I can get a new '09 right now 5 minutes from my house for $4,800 including The Registration and plate. Be patient and find a realistic price. Let some other impulse buyer get ripped off.

Old 08-04-2008, 04:39 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by KDXmike
You might want to look for a low mile '06 or a leftover new '07 to save some cash. I had to pay dealer prep, 6% sales tax, freight, tire fee, plus tag and title. Sticker price for my '07 was just over $4000 but the dealer smoked me on the fees. I don't see any way to get around sales tax when a title is included in the purchase. My Motor vehicle Administration would have forced me to pay taxes on the bike when I tried to get it tagged. Even if the bike was purchased out of state.

Get 'out the door' quotes wherever you do.
Good luck.

Mike
poodleboy doesn't believe you.

Old 08-04-2008, 10:08 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by gerrynolan
So what was the nearly $1,000 for. C'mon man, you got beat on that deal. I can get a new '09 right now 5 minutes from my house for $4,800 including The Registration and plate. Be patient and find a realistic price. Let some other impulse buyer get ripped off.
Well, congratulations that dirtbikes aren't super-popular where you live and you can get them cheap

9% sales tax = $400 shipping fee from the dealer they bought it from ($350) title, dealer prep, and what-not. I don't feel bad or guilty about my purchase, don't call me impatient and unrealistic for my purchase. Its a 2009 bike and it took them a month to even locate one, I'm satisfied with an OTD price only 500 dollars above base MSRP. These bikes are selling like hotcakes. If its the bike you want and the dealer gives you a number you are willing to pay, take it. The 2009 was the bike I wanted (not the '06, and not another bike) and the dealer got me a number under the pricerange I came into the door willing to spend, so I went with it. So IMHO, go in with a maximum price you'd be willing to spend, if they (dealership) comes up under it, then I say go for it.

Quick Reply: '09 Purchase Price