Search this Thread

Old 08-02-2008, 02:08 PM

Paid $4,899 + $100 Destination fee - St. Louis

(purchased in June)

Old 08-02-2008, 02:20 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by bozemanbound
Thanks guys,

This site is great, as it gets all of us closer to being on the same page...I hate dealing with new purchases, and this whole dealer bs just makes me angry. I want to buy close to home so that I can support my local shop--but they want to rob me blind before the relationship even begins. Even when I tell them that I would like to avoid a big mail-order joint, they offer to take far more money than they should...

what you should do is link that dealer to this thread and leave ur name on the email ;p

Old 08-02-2008, 05:24 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Sid Post
If you are patient, you can score a good deal. I got my ride from a Utah dealer for ~$3500 out the door. The local dealer wanted MSRP plus bogus fees that equaled over 25% the MSRP of the motorcycle. I saved a ton of money by being patient.

no offense, but that will never happen on an '09. the '09 is pretty much exclusive right now since it's not even '09 yet plus it's a commodity in the motorcycle world meaning it demands more than msrp if someone wants one bad enough. that dealer is ripping sellers off yes, but the sad truth is that someone will pay him that for that bike because they want it that bad. I've talked to some that can't even get the bike at all. to buy a bike and ship it, you'll easily be close to that price your dealer quoted you at after taxes, shipping, shipper fees & surcharges, etc. To get it cheapest, you'll need to drive a few hours and pick one up at a dealer who isn't wanting to rip the buyer off.

Old 08-02-2008, 11:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
no offense, but that will never happen on an '09. the '09 is pretty much exclusive right now since it's not even '09 yet plus it's a commodity in the motorcycle world meaning it demands more than msrp if someone wants one bad enough. that dealer is ripping sellers off yes, but the sad truth is that someone will pay him that for that bike because they want it that bad. I've talked to some that can't even get the bike at all. to buy a bike and ship it, you'll easily be close to that price your dealer quoted you at after taxes, shipping, shipper fees & surcharges, etc. To get it cheapest, you'll need to drive a few hours and pick one up at a dealer who isn't wanting to rip the buyer off.
Bro where do you come up with this stuff. What are all these fees you are talking about when you buy a bike and have it shipped to you......have you ever done this???? Well the answer is no, but I have and there were no additional fees or surcharges, in fact my bike came with a free Honda East temp tag which was good for 30 days.

Typical post by someone who knows not what they speak of or about.

Oh btw I bet an 09 will be able to be had cheap...just give it time or patience like the man said. Remember when the 06 first came out...no budging on the price .... look at it now dumbazz.

Old 08-03-2008, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
kawasaki.com. Heck, for what your dealer is quoting, I'll sell you my red
'09 with low miles, full Muzzy and the other listed mods for $4990.
Ya' Know you'll miss it when you sell it. Just keep it for a while. Must be fun to ride the '09's. I love my 07.

Old 08-03-2008, 01:55 AM
1st Gear Member

our local stealership has the 09 listed at 4599. www.tornosports.net

Old 08-03-2008, 01:58 AM
1st Gear Member

they have it on their site at msrp but advertising 4599 in the local sell it guide

Old 08-04-2008, 03:11 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by Finger Mullet
Bro where do you come up with this stuff. What are all these fees you are talking about when you buy a bike and have it shipped to you......have you ever done this???? Well the answer is no, but I have and there were no additional fees or surcharges, in fact my bike came with a free Honda East temp tag which was good for 30 days.

Typical post by someone who knows not what they speak of or about.

Oh btw I bet an 09 will be able to be had cheap...just give it time or patience like the man said. Remember when the 06 first came out...no budging on the price .... look at it now dumbazz.
wow, where do I start? naivety, or poodleidiot, are you saying that shippers ship bikes for free? are you saying dealers don't charge freight/setup/tax/license fees/registration fees/title fees/registration fees?

surcharges? so you haven't paid them? yeah, right. I'm sure you've paid lots of them, especially after you get drunked up. see here if you can read beergoggles:

http://dictionary.reference.com/browse/surcharge

I think poodledick may be the DUMBAZZ around here. anyone who thinks they need to add definitions of boats in their profile is assuredly a redder than red redneck. doh!!

Old 08-04-2008, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

What's the matter Iowa...you feel the need to use name calling to support your lack of an opine...that's sad. Feeling insecure. Fact is buying a bike and having it shipped can be great deal.....why do you have issues over this......seems kinda stupid??? Never mind I did it and it was several hundred bucks cheaper than my local dealer.

Old 08-04-2008, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

Santa Ana CA (within 30 minutes of International Port Long Beach) is selling them out the door for $5299. (otdcyclesports.com) in the cycle trader.

Quick Reply: '09 Purchase Price