'09 NooB Carb Settings etc with Stock Can?

Search this Thread

Old 06-19-2008, 04:39 PM
Default '09 NooB Carb Settings etc with Stock Can?

Hi couldn't post to last post, wandering off topic too.

Can anyone provide carb settings for the '09 with Stock Can @ Sea Level?
i.e. Slide? Needle shims? Mix setting? How much airbox to remove?

Please hurry I'm all ears!
She's in pieces. She's Hurt real Bad Mister...
I'll post pix when i'm done the P.M. (preventative maint) and Tail-Ectomy.

Thanks guys.
-pauley

Old 06-19-2008, 07:34 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member
Default RE: '09 NooB Carb Settings etc with Stock Can?

what's wrong with the stock setting? You're wasting your time if you're just leaving the whole stock exhaust on. Nothing will help until you exhaust it and jet kit it, a real jet kit and not just shims.
If you want immediate mod response, do the 13-tooth sprocket. For off-road it is best, for on-road I'd leave it alone. But for your original question, put it all back together for now until you can put a real exhaust on it, along with jet kit, hi-flo air filter and airbox lid mod or removal.

Old 06-20-2008, 04:11 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: pauley2000

Hi couldn't post to last post, wandering off topic too.

Can anyone provide carb settings for the '09 with Stock Can @ Sea Level?
i.e. Slide? Needle shims? Mix setting? How much airbox to remove?

Please hurry I'm all ears!
She's in pieces. She's Hurt real Bad Mister...
I'll post pix when i'm done the P.M. (preventative maint) and Tail-Ectomy.

Thanks guys.
-pauley
Hey Pauley

Go to the sticky klx FAQ thread at the top, all you need to know is there.....if you really open up the stock can, get a high flow filter and remove the entire airbox lid....try a 125 or 128 main and shim up the needle with one or two washers....I'd say one. Drill out an 1/8" hole in the slide vent and lastly pop off the metal plug over the a/f screw and try to set her at two or 2.5 turns out....just play with it......so where are our pics?

Old 06-20-2008, 04:29 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

drilling out the stock exhaust has never done anything to increase power. you're wasting his time. but hey, it's probably a placebo mod. with all the other stuff you told him he could try he is going to have so much air and fuel going in compared to not enough going out. Those are mods you do when you install a full exhaust system that flowsstraight through.The stock exhaust can is just too plugged up to handle those mods imo, even if you do hack your way thru it. The hacking still doesn't get rid of the cat. conv. buried deep inside or the numerous baffles that are still left withtiny 3/8" holes drilled thru them. It's a hopeless cause. He at least needs a slip-on, at the least a cheap HMF or something. Those are what, $200? Someone said the quality of fitment is getting better and you no longer have to use an inch spacer to get them to mount up. Someone installed one lately? I think they're a little large personally but hey, it's all relative.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:32 AM
1st Gear Member

Drama Queen, there are a couple 06-07 hacked exhausts that look pretty good, remember an exhaust is just a tube to let the air out....but maintain a certain amount of backpressure thats it. And who knows what he plans to cut out of there. Besides the 09 can is different that the 06-07 right...lets see what he comes up with.

Old 06-20-2008, 06:48 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

Drama Queen, there are a couple 06-07 hacked exhausts that look pretty good, remember an exhaust is just a tube to let the air out....but maintain a certain amount of backpressure thats it. And who knows what he plans to cut out of there. Besides the 09 can is different that the 06-07 right...lets see what he comes up with.
good to see you agree with me. no, the '09 can is not different. it's identical to the old KLX as is the rest of the exhaust. he's not "hacking" the can, he said he was wanting to drill it. You and I both know that you can't drill much thru the tiny opening. I drilled my '09 and didn't notice squat, it's all placebo and it won't benefit him. Oh, thanks for the exhaust education. I didn't know what it was before I just read your post- Drama Queen. Why tune into wrestlemania if Hulk Hogan isn't going to be there? That's what your advice amounts to. It's just not worth it to do w/o an aftermarket exhaust of some sort including the stock 300 can. Yeah, I was around in the '80's.

Old 06-20-2008, 07:13 AM
1st Gear Member

If the can is identical he may have good luck with his "Tail-Ectomy" as he calls it.....I like it. I've seen some stock exhausts hacked real good alowing good flow...but then again you call slip-ons noise makers or sumthin stupid. So why do you bother posting?

Old 06-20-2008, 11:10 AM
1st Gear Member

BOOM

[IMG]local://upfiles/8802/77E93A64ABA548DF85F8206D29965890.jpg[/IMG]

Old 06-20-2008, 04:28 PM
Banned
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Finger Mullet

If the can is identical he may have good luck with his "Tail-Ectomy" as he calls it.....I like it. I've seen some stock exhausts hacked real good alowing good flow...but then again you call slip-ons noise makers or sumthin stupid. So why do you bother posting?
because you always offer bad advice, that's why. you're notorious for doing that.