09 KLX w/ 09 Full Muzzy and 09 Dynojet no power!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 06:47 PM
1st Gear Member

Oh, see, I didn't know that. You had mentioned your settings last posting and I assumed thats what you had now.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:02 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

na, my previous post i was trying to show i had similar settings as je2000 and my bike wasnt acting like his thats why i didnt think it was just being lean making his bike act like that. My bike runs great. I get into alot of water so i elected to keep the airbox lid, to help some.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:15 PM
1st Gear Member

yeah either what everyone else said was right about it not being sealed up right, or that washer thingy had something to do with the needle height. I don't know. I don't have one of these kits.

Old 11-11-2008, 07:21 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

could have been both, the washer was messin it up and the diaphram wasnt in correctly and screwin it up even more.....??

Old 11-11-2008, 07:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
could have been both, the washer was messin it up and the diaphram wasnt in correctly and screwin it up even more.....??
I think it had to be something with the way the needle was seated in the plastic bit, and the diaphragm.

I just accidentally wheelied while crossing the highway. The upgrade worked I'd say!!. I dumped the clutch, yeah...but still it wouldn't do that stock!!

Pulls strong and long now. I'm gonna have fun tweaking this I can tell.

The highway stutter is still there!! ARGH!!! The corner of my airbox is slowly being melted away by the exhaust.

Anyway...thanks again everyone.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:04 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

highway studder.... bigger main jet.... have fun.... u will get good at removing the carb... i did.

Old 11-11-2008, 08:12 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
I think Clifsta runs a DJ 128 in his which is like a 137.5 Keihn and all he has is the snorkel out. Stock filter even.
Woo somebody mentioned me!!

Yes, I"m currently running stock filter, lid on, snorkel removed, stock exhaust, with a DJ 128 main, ~2.5 turns out on the screw. I've got the needle on the middle clip. It made a huge difference over stock even in the middle of the summer. I don't think its running very rich, it smells normal out the pipe, there isn't any soot on the tip.

Also keep in mind I'm riding very close to sea level. Something like 50 feet ASL on average, the highest I ride might be a couple hundred feet above sea level. Louisiana is prety flat 'round here

I do plan on getting a Uni filter when my dad and I make our big order from RM in a few weeks or so.

I don't have a DJ kit so I can't say for sure, but something tells me those DJ washers are thicker, thus raising the needle, richening it. Anyone confirm or deny that?
My kit came with two washers, I do believe they were slightly thicker than the one or two that were in the carb stock.

Old 11-11-2008, 09:31 PM
1st Gear Member

AHA! so I was right on both counts. The needle did need and was raised, and he does need a larger main jet.

Sounds like it runs....good stuff.

Old 11-12-2008, 01:05 AM
Banned
1st Gear Member

AHA! so I was right on both counts. The needle did need and was raised, and he does need a larger main jet.

lmao
will you be my personal mechanic?

Old 11-12-2008, 01:34 AM
Admin
1st Gear Member

Maybe I'm visualizing wrong, but didn't he have two washers in there and remove one? Wouldn't that lower the needle and make it leaner in the mid?

I think he just reseated the diaphragm correctly.

*Oh no he didn't!*

Whatever you did, JE, glad you got sorted.

I'm just being ornery JFMX, don't mind me.

Quick Reply: 09 KLX w/ 09 Full Muzzy and 09 Dynojet no power!