09 KLX w/ 09 Full Muzzy and 09 Dynojet no power!

Search this Thread

Old 11-11-2008, 04:31 PM
1st Gear Member

The plug thing isnt as accurate as it use to be. That is more directed towards two strokes and use to be for four strokes but with modern day high octane gasahol i doesn't work quite as good as it use to. I use it more of a side checker, instead of a main source. I use how the machine runs as my main source.

EMS. What you said would be true if all he did was rejet, leaving the bike stock. But he increased flow as well whch takes even more gas.

Old 11-11-2008, 04:34 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by 09KLXowner
lmao, well, I'll talk for probably most of the members here that have experienced your "know it all" attitude. They're sick of your postings in EVERY thread that you have it all figured out, but they aren't willing to really tell you what they think of you.
If I've been banned, I'm proud. It means I speak my mind and you never have to guess what I'm feeling. I don't follow and as you say, I'm usually right. You've been called out several times by members here and usually come off very abrasive, kind of like me a few years ago. I'm not looking for trouble, but since you attacked me, here ya go. Just stop trying to play Mr. Goodwrench all the time and don't assume anything.
Dont ever compare yourself to me. I am nothing like you and you'll still never get it. You speak for no one but yourself.

You constantly speak of your two KLX's and a DRZ you've owned in just a couple of years. I've been riding and working on stuff for the past three decades and was even involved professionally in MX and FMX fo a while. So if I speak of something its from real experience. And I can be wrong too and Ill always be the first to admit it and apologize for it and have many times. Thats something your completely incapable of.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:06 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by JasonFMX
EMS. What you said would be true if all he did was rejet, leaving the bike stock. But he increased flow as well whch takes even more gas.
but i dont believe that hes letting in and out so much air that its running that lean to make it act like that. Just from my own jetting experience on my bike.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:22 PM
1st Gear Member

I don't know. Twin Air filter with the lid off. Thats ALOT of airflow over stock. Think about it, that thick azz stock filter, ful lid, with a little slot snorkel thats cut in half down the center. Thats a pretty big difference. Huge actually.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:42 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

i had the 125 main jet in, took the air box lid off, uni filter, full big gun exhaust no insert, race core... and the only thing it did was hesitate on top end a bit cause it was a bit lean and it fell on its face off the start, too much air... but its nothing like what he is describing.. it still ran great... but lean right off the bottom and top a little but i could still hit 70 no problem

Old 11-11-2008, 05:47 PM
1st Gear Member

In my best Professor Farnsworth voice:

"Good news everyone! I fixed my carburetor!"
Not sure what it was but I simply opened the top, removed slide assembly and gave it a look. Looked fine. By accident I had used 1 stock washer and 1 dynojet washer...I replaced the stock washer with the Dynojet washer. (I thought they had just given me an extra, my fault for not noticing they say to use both of theirs). I don't believe this was the issue.

Reassembled carefully, and now the bike is running normally. I haven't tweaked anything as far as fuel screw and jet sizes yet, but this is a HUGE step in the right direction. I can now begin to fine tune the jetting.

Thanks for everyone's input, even if you didn't nail the issue, I still learned a lot. I'm gonna go ride now.

Old 11-11-2008, 05:54 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Great! thats good news.... its not about anyone being right or wrong, just that you bike is runnin great.

Old 11-11-2008, 06:04 PM
1st Gear Member

hell yeah mang,, glad your gettin in the right direction (as in gettin on your bike and haullinazz lol )

Old 11-11-2008, 06:26 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by EMS_0525
i had the 125 main jet in, took the air box lid off, uni filter, full big gun exhaust no insert, race core... and the only thing it did was hesitate on top end a bit cause it was a bit lean and it fell on its face off the start, too much air... but its nothing like what he is describing.. it still ran great... but lean right off the bottom and top a little but i could still hit 70 no problem
See on mine the more gas I give it the more it likes it. I have my airbox lid on right now with snorkel removed, UNI , and cage cut out. Only other thing I did was dremel down the weld on the headpipe. Thats it. I have a 135 main, N1TC in 3rd notch, and a 35 pilot 2 /3/4 turns out. And it seems the more gas it gets, the happier it is. I use to have a 130 in there. Now granted, its colder so it needs more, but it even got up to 70 degrees last Friday and it ran even better. I also ride at an average of 1000-2000 ft. I even peek out at around 2400-2500 and it still ran great. It runs better now than it did when the 130 was in there. I think Clifsta runs a DJ 128 in his which is like a 137.5 Keihn and all he has is the snorkel out. Stock filter even.

This all of course is all over and above, the point I was making is just that if your bike is cutting out or hesitating at all... and being this thing likes so much gas, that it REALLY must be lean to be doing that, even missing just a little is too lean. So if it wasn't even accelerating, he has a serious problem.

Sounds like it wouldn't hurt you to bump up there EMS. With your setup I'd go the full 127.5 and go out 3 turns on your screw and get a N1TC needle on the 4th notch. Your bike will run like hell. You won't even recognize it.

I don't have a DJ kit so I can't say for sure, but something tells me those DJ washers are thicker, thus raising the needle, richening it. Anyone confirm or deny that?

Last edited by JasonFMX; 11-11-2008 at 06:30 PM.
Old 11-11-2008, 06:32 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

Well my current settings are 128 main, lid on without snorkel, uni filter, big gun exhaust quiet core and vortex insert, stock pilot, 2.5 turns out on the af screw, i think the needle is on the 2nd or 3rd cant remember. I havent had it out since putting the insert in the muffler though, i have had those settings like that for almost 2 years now. runs awsome..... almost 9k miles.

Quick Reply: 09 KLX w/ 09 Full Muzzy and 09 Dynojet no power!