09 KLX Pic's

Search this Thread

Old 01-26-2008, 05:47 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 09 KLX Pic's

[/quote]
take a look at the pics, the exhaust outlet is smaller than my pinki.
[/quote]

+1 thats exactly what i was thinking
why the hell would they do that?
my xr had the same thing, you couldnt stick a damn pencil in there[:@]
AND it looks like the spark arrestor is welded right in so you cant even unscrew it and pull it out like every other 4-stroke out there[:@][:@]
looks like the first thing to go on there is a pipe right off the bat.

idiots[:@][:@][:@][:@]

Old 01-26-2008, 06:17 PM
cls
1st Gear Member

Doesn't really matter. The can is gone, anyway.

Old 01-27-2008, 02:13 AM
1st Gear Member

Just quickly, I like that they have gone back to silver for the engine colour, won't show up the boot marks as bad, and from looking at the pics the fuel tank looks like it is plastic unlike the 07 metal ones, anyone confirm this??

Cheers
Chris.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:02 AM
1st Gear Member

Hey Dean! Checked out the same show today. The new bike looks quite cool, loved the new front end. The tank is metal but does look like plastic, fooled me until I touched it! The seat height is about 1.5 in lower from what I can tell. My buddy wants one real bad even after looking at the new WR 250 enduro. Tires aren't as aggressive, but the front brake line was much improved as was the seat feel.

Old 01-27-2008, 03:39 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member

Just got back from the show... A few more angles if y'aren't tired enough already of looking at KLX pics!
http://picasaweb.google.com/KawiWawi...10506710236210

Old 01-27-2008, 04:25 AM

thanks for posting the pictures [redbrd and kawi].

Old 01-27-2008, 05:09 AM
1st Gear Member

How could you get tired of looking at KLX pics??

Cheers
Chris.

Old 01-28-2008, 01:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I love both models! Awsome pics thanks! They both have there place on the market thats for sure. I'm glad i have a back rack on my 07, I must admit it does come in handy. Looks like they have gone after the MX style market, not sure why though I prefer an enduro style approach. Anways the 09 looks nice in both colours.
Cheers!

Old 01-28-2008, 02:14 AM
IG

ORIGINAL: redbrd

ORIGINAL: IG

Hey redbird- thanks for posting these pictures. I've been waiting a long time to see a photo of a red one that isn't a corporate pic. All I have seen/found are pics of green ones. I really appreciate it.
As far as that red one, I love that color scheme. I will have one of them asap in my garage. As far as someone asking about the forks, they're the same diameter just with supposedly better internal valving. Looks like the tank is flat black to match the other black metals like the triple tree and other metals on the bike. I do not like the huge rear fender. As far as disliking anything else, I really accept the bike and it has grown on me. The front fender I really wasn't sure about last September but after seeing it here and in the brochure it looks to be a new rugged look to me and according to you too. I know they took away some travel, but really by looking at these pics you couldn't tell if you weren't looking for it and even then you can't really tell. I like the new handlebar bend and the digital dash rules in my book. I like the new seat/tank meeting and design. I also like it that the front forks stop at the axle and not continue down like '90's style inverted KX forks. That always bugged me about my KLX. The front brake routing is far and away better once the line is flipped inside the front fork like the Ktm- nice suggestion BTW Brian. I like the new bike, but I also like the old one. I'd be happy with an '07 but I'd always wish I'd gotten the new design and that's just what I plan on doing. I also like the decontenting of the oem hand guards, I hated them and had them off within the first week. The new bike could really handle losing all the reflectors like the '06 and '07 had.
Thanks again for the pics. You really don't know how much I appreciate it.
I told my son i had to get a picture of the red one for IG.........he called me a geek.
Aren't we all? I mean, we're here online talking about this stuff like buttplugs, shoulders, and big guns. I'd call myself an official geekoid when you think about it like that not to mention a few other adjectives. Again, I appreciate the pics tons.

Old 01-28-2008, 04:08 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: record

Hey redbird- thanks for posting these pictures. I've been waiting a long time to see a photo of a red one that isn't a corporate pic. All I have seen/found are pics of green ones. I really appreciate it.
As far as that red one, I love that color scheme. I will have one of them asap in my garage. As far as someone asking about the forks, they're the same diameter just with supposedly better internal valving. Looks like the tank is flat black to match the other black metals like the triple tree and other metals on the bike. I do not like the huge rear fender. As far as disliking anything else, I really accept the bike and it has grown on me. The front fender I really wasn't sure about last September but after seeing it here and in the brochure it looks to be a new rugged look to me and according to you too. I know they took away some travel, but really by looking at these pics you couldn't tell if you weren't looking for it and even then you can't really tell. I like the new handlebar bend and the digital dash rules in my book. I like the new seat/tank meeting and design. I also like it that the front forks stop at the axle and not continue down like '90's style inverted KX forks. That always bugged me about my KLX. The front brake routing is far and away better once the line is flipped inside the front fork like the Ktm- nice suggestion BTW Brian. I like the new bike, but I also like the old one. I'd be happy with an '07 but I'd always wish I'd gotten the new design and that's just what I plan on doing. I also like the decontenting of the oem hand guards, I hated them and had them off within the first week. The new bike could really handle losing all the reflectors like the '06 and '07 had.
Thanks again for the pics. You really don't know how much I appreciate it.
I told my son i had to get a picture of the red one for IG.........he called me a geek.
Aren't we all? I mean, we're here online talking about this stuff like buttplugs, shoulders, and big guns. I'd call myself an official geekoid when you think about it like that not to mention a few other adjectives. Again, I appreciate the pics tons.
If he means for sitting in front of this computer learning all kinds of mod's and tips
seeing some great looking bike's, reading some very entertaining threads,
and even meeting some great people then yes I'm a geek.......I've enjoyed every minute.

Quick Reply: 09 KLX Pic's