'04 klx250s...what next??

Search this Thread

Old 10-06-2014, 04:35 PM
1st Gear Member

Good to report that, keys in the ignition raises some questions alright. That is a very nice looking, well loved XL250, somebody should have their bike back.
See any tire tracks that might indicate who uses the trail? Might be MtB, my daughter and husband built lots of MtB trails up above Coombs. Can't imagine why anyone would ride a bike without a motor??

Old 10-06-2014, 09:44 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by ol'klx-er
The hill where that Honda is "parked" looks too steep to walk down or up! Sure hope the rider didn't tumble way down there. Any awful odour noted?
I looked around a bunch to see if buddy was dead or dying but didn't see any trace. The track was very steep, I was way over my head, I'm lucky I didn't end up like buddy. Further down the trail from the Honda the track got even steeper and narrower, there was a couple moments I thought for sure I was going down the embankment. I called the cops today and reported the plates and gps location. I told him I'll check on it next weekend and recover it. Cop said bring it by the shop and in 90 days if no one claims it, it's mine. He said the plate didn't match the description of the bike, something fishy about it.

Originally Posted by Angier
Good to report that, keys in the ignition raises some questions alright. That is a very nice looking, well loved XL250, somebody should have their bike back.
See any tire tracks that might indicate who uses the trail? Might be MtB, my daughter and husband built lots of MtB trails up above Coombs. Can't imagine why anyone would ride a bike without a motor??
The trails are named and marked, just not on any map. I'm thinking hardcore downhillers or hard enduro riders use the trail. The trail looked freshly used, and not far from a main road. Just very steep. I might hike up there in the next couple days, I'll bring a buddy, some gas and a block and tackle. I'll get her out, I should bill the cops for my time though. Lol. I'll enjoy the challenge....

Old 10-06-2014, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member

Here is the gps track using a Google earth overlay. Pretty dense bush...pin is where the Honda is, main road is the northern track...

Old 10-06-2014, 11:01 PM
1st Gear Member

That would be a long 90 days for me.
Good luck getting it out, a friend looks like a good idea. That looks like some gnarly terrain. And I hate the Oh Crap, I can't go back moments...

Old 10-07-2014, 12:27 AM
1st Gear Member

I found the video of me rolling up to the Honda, I shot a bunch of vids and photos, just found it....kinda ****ty video, audio is poor, iPhone mounted to the bars via RAM mount, so you get the point. And of course video doesn't show how steep it is, but my riding shows how newbie and tired I was...

Old 10-07-2014, 12:46 AM
1st Gear Member

Mounted a pelican 1490 to the rack, I'm still deciding if I want to run a flat aux fuel tank over the case or a couple MSR bottles under the case...

Old 10-07-2014, 12:48 AM
1st Gear Member

Oh yah, this happened...didn't think that one through.??.???@$@?

Old 10-07-2014, 01:15 AM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MattyTracks
I found the video of me rolling up to the Honda, I shot a bunch of vids and photos, just found it....kinda ****ty video, audio is poor, iPhone mounted to the bars via RAM mount, so you get the point. And of course video doesn't show how steep it is, but my riding shows how newbie and tired I was...
Knowing that video does a poor job of showing steepness, that's STEEP!!
Good that you survived.

Old 10-07-2014, 02:24 PM
1st Gear Member

(Posted earlier, don't know where it went)
Looks a fun trail Matty!
Notice I didn't say it looks like an easy trail?

The turn signal melt is common to the KLX, but that one is FRIED!
How'd you do that, eh?

Old 10-07-2014, 04:13 PM
1st Gear Member

Originally Posted by MattyTracks
Oh yah, this happened...didn't think that one through.??.???@$@?
.......wait, does it still work?

Quick Reply: '04 klx250s...what next??