-= Stock Mirrors? =-

Search this Thread

Old 07-04-2008, 04:25 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: -= Stock Mirrors? =-

Well let me know how you like them I love the look of the bike withoutthe mirrors but i dont like the idea of someone running up behind me. SoI deal with it

Old 07-04-2008, 06:00 AM
1st Gear Member

Mirrors are cheap...

Id like my left side about an inch longer and two inches lower to clear my body but ohhh welll.....Problem some people have and I used to be one of them is when they look over their shoulder for cars the veer to that side....I even used to wiggle the handle bars when I shifted......Mirrors are a must....If ya bust them offroad...Ohh welll.....Its the one part that I dont mind buying...

Plus if your riding with a few buddies its cool to know if your buddy is dropping behind or has laid it down....Not always time to turn your head 180@ on a dirt run...

Old 07-04-2008, 07:49 AM
1st Gear Member

This is my setup

The only problem is that i have to look under my arm when riding.

Old 07-04-2008, 01:29 PM
1st Gear Member

I love the stock mirrors. 3 times I have had to bail off the bike and all 3 times the mirrors have taken the brunt of the drop. Just readjusted them and off I went. These babies are tough and honestly I like the way they look. JMHO

Old 07-04-2008, 03:56 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

I got these folding mirrors. Great for when you get on the trail.

Name:  100_5146.jpg
Views: 11
Size:  94.4 KB

Name:  Mirrorsdownsmall.jpg
Views: 14
Size:  119.3 KB

Old 07-04-2008, 07:26 PM
1st Gear Member

It's funny the different responses and feelings regarding accessories. you have to find what's right for you. I kept the stock mirrors and figured I'd just replace them when they broke , they haven't yet. I used to remove them off road but my daughter is more comfortable riding (lagging) behind me so I use them to keep an eye on her. Of course my wife and other kids are long gone but that's another story.
[align=left] [/align]

Old 07-04-2008, 07:39 PM
1st Gear Member

thanks for the help and response guys. i liked that setup you showed us kdxmike, i want something like that, smaller and low profile,perfect.thanks again!

-ry

Old 07-05-2008, 02:41 AM
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: Buzz363

It's funny the different responses and feelings regarding accessories. you have to find what's right for you. I kept the stock mirrors and figured I'd just replace them when they broke , they haven't yet. I used to remove them off road but my daughter is more comfortable riding (lagging) behind me so I use them to keep an eye on her. Of course my wife and other kids are long gone but that's another story.
[align=left] [/align]

I'm not too worried about braking the mirror.
But I'm am worried about braking the RHS mount as it's integrated into the master cylinder set up, and that looks expensive.
And it's the RHS one that I am required to have on the road.

Old 07-06-2008, 01:52 AM
1st Gear Member

Deej photos show the bikemaster mirrors. They are a awesome upgrade from the stock mirror and almost indestructable, my bike fell over into the bumper of my truck, the clutch lever was a casualty but the mirror was intact! If you notice the fold down real nice! and they are inexpensive upgrade.

Old 07-06-2008, 04:09 PM
1st Gear Member

i started to thread my stock mirrors all they way up to the bend in the arm and was gonna cut off about 1"-1 1/2" of the height but once i got started i noticed the die was the wrong size by just a tiny little bit (technical tern would be "a c*nt hair")

then i was gonna remove the mirror from the arm completly and see if it would thread right into the perch but i couldnt get the mirror off the arm

Quick Reply: -= Stock Mirrors? =-