Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

Not the ordinary overheating mule

Search this Thread

Old 03-25-2011, 10:21 PM
Unhappy Not the ordinary overheating mule

Can anyone offer adivice on the following?
Mule 2510 gas motor overheats after riding 10 min. Over flow starts spewing steam and filler bottle boils. Have checked all hoses for blockage, had radiator professionaly cleaned, have replaced the thermostat, have bled all air from lines, have replaced the head gaskets. the water pump is spinning but is spinning counter clockwise. Is this the way it is suppose to spin? I am truly stumped. It will idle for an hour before the steam begins to spew from over flow but when runnning only takes about ten minutes. Why is the water steaming from the over flow? Any help out there?

Last edited by garyk; 03-25-2011 at 10:25 PM. Reason: spelling
Old 10-07-2012, 03:43 PM
Default Mule.....did you get your problems resolved?

I am wondering if you got the issue resolved and what was the cause, i am currently working on a mule right now that is doing the exact same thing as your was, replaced water pump, thermostat, and rad cap. performed compression tests, cylinder leakdown tests, none of which give me any hardened results. The rotation is counter clockwise so it can pump through the engine first before going to the rad on thermostat side, according to the coolant flow chart i have. I also inspected the drive gear for the water pump in the engine for missing teeth etc. So if you could let me know with any information you have with what the problem was would be greatly appreciated.