Kawasaki Mule Discuss the multi purpose Mule within.

Mule 4010 no spark on rear cylinder after stopping starter engine

Search this Thread

Old 12-13-2021, 12:17 PM
Question Mule 4010 no spark on rear cylinder after stopping starter engine

We have a rare issue with our Mule 4010 (Year 2010). While running the starter engine we get sparks on both cylinders and the engine starts without any problems. After turning off the starter engine the rear cylinder stops working. With the spark plug outside of the cylinder we can clearly see, there are sparks while the starter engin is running. But directly after turning off the key, the spark of the rear cylinder is missing. We changed the Computer which generates the sparks but it did not help. The picture is still the same.

Any ideas what could cause this problem? How does the computer decides to generate sparks or in which cases he stops generating sparks?
Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions.

Michael

Old Yesterday, 11:55 PM

Originally Posted by _Michael
We have a rare issue with our Mule 4010 (Year 2010). While running the starter engine we get sparks on both cylinders and the engine starts without any problems. After turning off the starter engine the rear cylinder stops working. With the spark plug outside of the cylinder we can clearly see, there are sparks while the starter engin is running. But directly after turning off the key, the spark of the rear cylinder is missing. We changed the Computer which generates the sparks but it did not help. The picture is still the same.

Any ideas what could cause this problem? How does the computer decides to generate sparks or in which cases he stops generating sparks?
Thank you very much in advance for any suggestions.

Michael
hello Mike did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue I am at a standstill myself.

Old Today, 12:31 AM

Originally Posted by Josh Tischaefer
hello Mike did you ever figure this out? I have the same issue I am at a standstill myself.
About two years we have changed nearly everything but 9 month ago, it starts not working again.
We have bought it for 7000$ and after repair costs of much than that we decided not to use it anymore.
It did not make sense throwing more money after it.
But the cause of the issue at this moment was the rear converter, which must be replaced. The front converter needed a repair.