Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

problems with 93 xi super sport 750

Search this Thread

Old 04-24-2010, 12:23 AM
1st Gear Member
Default problems with 93 xi super sport 750

i just bought two of the same skies and both will start up and idle but stall out when i try to take off. I took them home and changed the plugs but have not had a chance to see if it helped. any ideas would be greatful, also if anyone has one with the flush kit hooked up would they post a picture of it so i can see how it goes on. thanks

Old 04-24-2010, 02:20 AM
1st Gear Member

Have they been sitting a while? If your noticing a problem when you change throttle settings its probably a fuel problem, a good tune up should help you out. Check your air filter, fuel filter, clean and set the carbs, should get you started on the problem. Also try some fresh gas if its been in there for a while, let us know what you find.

Welcome to KF!

Old 04-24-2010, 02:30 AM
1st Gear Member

how do i set the carbs? i took the air filters off and sprade carb cleaner down in the carbs earlier today and have just let it set until tomorrow when i can get the stuff to hook the hose to it so i can start and run it.

Old 04-24-2010, 06:22 PM
1st Gear Member

so i got one of them to run good withthe water hose hooked up in the drive way but as soon as i got it to the lake it would still bog down and die when i tried to take off, the other just wont start, it started once and started reving real high so i shut it off now it wont start, should i just rebuild the carbs or what????? if i do need to rebuild them where can i get the kits at to do it, they are 1993 kawasaki xi super sport 750 twin carb. please help!!!

Old 04-25-2010, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

Still sounds like your having carb troubles, if its reving real high check your idle screw and when you tear it down check for any dirt or debris that may be causing it to over rev. Check at the dealer or the online microfiche for any parts you need, really shouldnt be much to replace, just clean everything. Make sure the filters are clear and there is no trash in the tank as well. Good luck.

Old 05-01-2010, 09:47 PM
1st Gear Member

so i got the carbs rebuilt but how am i going to adjust the low and high speed mixture screws with the carbs on it. You can only get to one of the carbs when it is on. in the book it tells you how to do it but it says it needs to be running how am i going to do it to the one i cant get to the adjustment screws?

Old 05-02-2010, 04:56 PM
1st Gear Member

Not familiar with your ski, or any ski really so I'm not sure how to get around your problem. They do have flexible screwdrivers for hard to reach areas, and you may be able to combine a few tools to get you where you need to go. If you cant make it work at all you could match the second one to the first by counting the number of turns, probably not the best way but it should get you running. Hopefully someone has something better.

Old 05-13-2010, 04:17 AM
1st Gear Member

well i paid a guy to rebuild the carbs and he didnt do anything to them. I got the rebuild kits and rebuilt all the carbs myself. It took me a while to get them tuned right but i got it and both skies run like a champ now.

Old 05-13-2010, 05:34 AM
1st Gear Member

Awesome, grats on the fix bro! Some shops are good at stealing money, glad you made it out in one piece.

Old 05-15-2010, 12:09 AM
1st Gear Member

I have 2 kawasaki 750 supersport xi (93). When i bought them they would only run with hose hooked up not in the water so i put new diapragms in all the carbs and they ran great. We took them out a few times with no problems, today my wife shut hers off in the lake and we talked for a min or two and when she started it back up it would bogg down when she tried to take off. She played with the gas to get it to take off but it only had about half power. She almost made it to the dock but it died and would not start back up. I pulled it in and started it up and it ran fine for about 2 min then bogged down again. So i loaded them up on the trailer and drove home. I have no idea what it is, i have looked on another forum and many kawasaki owners have the problem but no body said what it was or how to fix it. I got the diaphragms from this site so i am asking the professional, what is wrong and how do i fix it? Please help me out and let me no something. Should i take the carbs back apart and make sure there is nothing down in there, on forum a guy said he had a piece of a paint chip down in his and he cleaned them up and it ran great but they were just cleaned and the tank is over half full, that was my first thought is it was just out of gas but nope. please help
i just went out to see if i could find any problems i started the ski, started the water and it started reving really high so i un hooked the water (quick connect) and pulled the lanyard and it kept running so i pulled the plug wires and it still stayed running. I hooked the hose back up so it was not running with no water (keep in mind the plug wires are not hooked up or close to the plugs) after at least a min later it slowed down and died. I pulled the hose and turned it over a few times with the plug wires still off to try to flush as much water out as possible. I am scared to start it again after it ran with the plug wires hooked up. I have no idea what happen today for it to bogg down like that and any help is greatfull also explaining to me how it ran with out the plug wires hooked up would be nice. Thanks for any help

Quick Reply: problems with 93 xi super sport 750