Kawasaki Jet Ski's One, Two & Three Passenger Jet Ski talk within here.

650 ts.lots of problems

Search this Thread

Old 04-08-2008, 12:33 AM
Default 650 ts.lots of problems

[align=left]Hello everyone, I'm very new to jet ski"s & need help badly, I traded a riding lawnmower for two kawasaki 650 ts"s and a 20' boat trailer (A) one has motormounts broken & has motor out, and is in in the best shape of the two. (more on that one later) the other (B) they have sit for 2 or more years (B) will fire when you put (mix) gas in breather, but dont seem to be pulling fuel from tank, (tank was dry, lines dry) the bulb I have tried to use with about a gal. of gas in tank but cant get it too pick up?. BIG TROUBLE, I tond step son when we got them home to check the fuel & oil, when I got there he had dut 10-30 in the breather hole ....WHEW....I pumped about 1/2 out with an oil pump, what can I do about these problems?. I really want on fixed this summer to play with this summer, the other I'll fix if possible, or use for parts to keep the other running,,, PLEASE HELP ,, Thanks and I know I'm going to love the ski's if I can get then working, thank you.
[/align]

Old 04-15-2008, 06:42 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: 650 ts.lots of problems

have you done a vac and compression check on the machines?.. could be rings are going out, and not generating good pull..

also, check your reed valves to make sure they're sealing up the whole way..

there should be a little one-way valve in the squeeze bulb in the fuel line.. thats also gotta work..

i'll need some specifics on each machine later at your convenience.. maybe we can figure something out as a collective..

welcome to KF!!!!

Old 05-16-2008, 02:51 AM
Default RE: 650 ts.lots of problems

Thanks for the help, I got them both running now, but when I rev up, I'm cuting out, I got ski (a) painted seat recoverd, took oil pumps off both & am mixing now, Painted in blue with Monster Energy Drink decals, Ski (b) Looks like its in better shape but when I got it the motor mounts were broken, & taken apart, I fix the mounts, they run good but seem to cut out when reved up, I have not got them to the lake yet. For the past owner did not pay taxes on ski b. working on this one, thanks for the advice it was invaluble. I have been reading everything I can find about the 650's and am geting pretty good so far. I have built a double trailer for them with a big box on tounge (gas an 5 gal, oil, life jackets...)I hope this will be a great summer, on the lake. Thanks agin for the help Whitehendrix......Go Kawasaki
[align=left] [/align]