Joke section! Remember, alot of people view this site at work, so keep that in mind when posting a joke!

NEW RIGHTS TO COUNSEL FOR ACCUSED PERSONS:

Search this Thread

Old 02-01-2007, 02:38 AM
Super Moderator
Default NEW RIGHTS TO COUNSEL FOR ACCUSED PERSONS:

I am arresting you for_____________________(read the charge directly from the Criminal Code of Canada in French & English). It is my duty to inform you that you have the right to retain and instruct counsel without delay. You have the right to telephone any lawyer you wish. You also have the right to free advice from a Legal Aid Lawyer @ 1-800-265-0451.
It is my duty to ask you if you are feeling depressed about your current arrest. 1-800-265-0452 is a toll free number which will put you in contact with a duty psychologist for personal crisis counseling. It is also my duty to ask you if all is well with your family and your pets at home. 1-800-265-0453 is a toll free number that will put you in touch with a duty veterinarian for free advice in relation to the health of your pets.
It is also my duty to ask how your vehicle is running? I have a list of reasonably priced mechanics who will inspect your vehicle at your convenience. It is also my duty to ask if you are hungry at this time?
If so, I will purchase something to eat for you at a restaurant of your choice because your welfare is my highest priority. It is my duty to inform you that 1-800-265-0454 is a toll free number that will put you in contact with an Information Hotline for free advice on any matter that you might be concerned with at this time.
It is also my duty to inform you that this arrest will be considered unlawful by the courts. 1-800-265-0455 is a toll free number that will put you in contact with the Police Complaints Commission. If you are not satisfied with the action taken by the Police Complaints Commission you have the right to contact the Human Rights Commission. You should be aware that if you contact either of these Commissions while you are in custody or detention, you may be asked to prepare, and present a brief report which details how you have been subjected to racist, sexist, and homophobic behaviour on the part of Police and Correctional staff.
Do you understand? Do you wish to call a lawyer, psychologist, veterinarian, mechanic, Information Hotline, Commission, Board of Inquiry, near relative, or other interested party?
Do you wish to drive the police cruiser to the detachment yourself?