General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

is there a way to change the headlight?

Search this Thread

Old 12-01-2009, 06:45 AM
Default is there a way to change the headlight?

im about to to buy a kawasaki zzr 600 2003, i like the general look of the bike, but the only thing that i don't like is the headligt, so i was wondering if there was a way to change the headlights to a newer version?

Old 12-01-2009, 01:52 PM
1st Gear Member

Welcome To Kawasaki Forums.
Turn On Some Tunes And Enjoy The Ride.
They're a lot of Good Members Here and they will do there Best to Help You out with Your Questions. Sometimes It Takes A Little Longer Then Others. So, hang-in there.

Old 12-01-2009, 04:13 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Luis, there's ALWAYS a way!! (..as I rub my hands together and laugh like a madman.) What kind of set-up are you thinking?
The 2nd question is, do you plan to keep the bike? Potential buyers may not share your vision of "cool." If you're relatively inexperienced in mods (i.e. tools, equipment, parts,) I'd stay close to OE as much as possible. On the other hand, White Hendrix has some great pics and experience with HID lights in another post. (I'm not volunteering his time or wisdom, here.) What's your budget? Are you wanting headlight cowl-swap options, or surgery options? Give us an idea what's in your head.
Welcome to the forums. Gear up; stay safe.

Old 12-02-2009, 03:46 AM

Originally Posted by jeffzx9
Luis, there's ALWAYS a way!! (..as I rub my hands together and laugh like a madman.) What kind of set-up are you thinking?
The 2nd question is, do you plan to keep the bike? Potential buyers may not share your vision of "cool." If you're relatively inexperienced in mods (i.e. tools, equipment, parts,) I'd stay close to OE as much as possible. On the other hand, White Hendrix has some great pics and experience with HID lights in another post. (I'm not volunteering his time or wisdom, here.) What's your budget? Are you wanting headlight cowl-swap options, or surgery options? Give us an idea what's in your head.
Welcome to the forums. Gear up; stay safe.
to be honest, all i want is to maybe get a headlight of a newer model maybe a 2006-07 headlight in there, because the stock headlight makes it look like an older version,

like how much will it cost to change it, do i have to buy the fairing or can they modify it in a shop, or what's the least expensive way to do this, and what do you guys think it will cost?

Old 12-02-2009, 04:10 AM
1st Gear Member

Typically they dont reuse parts on the new models. it can definitely be done but it wont be a bolt on job, may require some fabrication. I wouldnt trust a shop with it...but I dont trust shops for anything

Old 12-19-2009, 06:03 AM
1st Gear Member

I am pretty sure the zzr600 and the zx9R use the same upper fairing and headlight. If your bike has 2 headlights it is as updated as your going to get as far as looks because I am sure they are still using the same set up on the newer zzr. If you want a single headlight you can try the upper fairing from a 98-99 zx9r but you will have to buy the whole assembly and figure out the wiring.