General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

stop lights

Search this Thread

Old 09-22-2006, 12:06 AM
Default stop lights

Anyone know any thing to help at a stop light i sat at one for prolly 10 min last night waiting for the light to turn. anything i can put on my bike or on me to help with this problem

Old 09-22-2006, 12:43 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: stop lights

If it's one of the lights that have the thin lines on the ground where it looks like a seam in the asphalt pull up in the spot where the center of you bike is centered on where these lines come together they are magnetic sensors so put the engine directly over the sensors and it might trip the sensor good luck though some of them aren't very sensitive.

Old 09-22-2006, 12:51 AM
Super Moderator

It is a little trail and area on your part; try th light in different lane positions until you find witch works best. Center is most likely your best chance.

Speedracer did a good topic on this and he is using some kind of magnets to help
https://www.kawasakiforums.com/m_52613/tm.htm

Old 09-22-2006, 01:47 AM

huh maybe i will have to try that, i thought i found a site the other day that was listed on this forum that was a box you put under your bike that was supposed to help with red lights.. but can't seem to find it now

Old 09-22-2006, 03:43 AM

put your kickstand down on the line in the road. that way you will be sure it pickes up the metal.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:24 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

that's not a bad idea ill have to try that.
ORIGINAL: zedx

put your kickstand down on the line in the road. that way you will be sure it pickes up the metal.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:28 PM

yea i'm gonna have to try that as soon as it stops raining, and i also bought some (prolly junk) thing off Ebay thats supposed to help with lights so if it don't work i'm only out 17 bucks but if it does that would be awesome.

Old 09-22-2006, 05:48 PM
Your Humble Moderator/Admin
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: zedx

Yea what he said, I found out that trick after a few months of doing right turns. Luckily we only have one light in my small town and there are multiple ways to get home. So I read about the kickstand trick one day and decided to give it a try. It has worked 10 times in a row. Give it a try, you might get some funny looks, but the fact that you're not holding up traffic will be greatly appreciated.

Old 09-22-2006, 06:09 PM
1st Gear Member

Make sure you understand that the sensor in the road is an induction coil... it is not a pad or sheet under the pavement. It is actually on it's edge, directly under that line. One way you can help to trip it is to put the crank or generator right over any part of the circle, and give the bike a little rev. Putting the kickstand on the circle and revving it will do it also.

Those things on ebay and in bike stores are junk. Dont waste your time or money.

Old 09-22-2006, 09:03 PM

well its too late for the whole not wasting money on ebay but like i said it was only 17 bucks so i can live with it hopefully tomm. its sunny an i can ride

Quick Reply: stop lights