General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Starting, Poor running problems? Try RXP

Search this Thread

Old 11-09-2008, 05:44 AM
1st Gear Member
1st Gear Member
Default Starting, Poor running problems? Try RXP

If anyone is having hard starting or poor running problems with their bikes, try adding RXP to your gas. The motorcycles are very touchy to water in the fuel system and can make it seem like it's an electrical problem. Don't get me wrong, it can be electrical but rarely. Most of the time it's just water in the gas or clogged/ dirty injectors which RXP does a wonderful job of curing. The problem is with the Ethanol being added to all pump gasoline. Ethatnol is Alcohol from Corn and it absorbs moisture from the atmosphere which in time will settle at the bottom of your tank and get sucked in by the fuel pump. Since it's heavier than gas, it stays in your tank & pump and some water is always present unless you can get it to mix and burn with the fuel. With the water present, the bike won't start or it will run like crap. RXP mixes with the water & fuel and burns it. It only costs $7 at our local Auto Parts store and is the best stuff out there. It's has fixed 90% of the driveability problems that I have recommended people to. Try it; it won't hurt I promise.