General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

PCIII questions

Search this Thread

Old 09-26-2009, 08:13 PM
1st Gear Member
Default PCIII questions

Im going to be getting a pcIII for my 04 636 in the next couple weeks, and I am going to get a custom map done for it due to the assortment of upgrades done on my bike. A while back I was getting some back firing on deceleration, most likely due to running on the stock computer, so I did the Kleen air mod and it solved most of those popping issues. My question is, should I undo the Kleen air mod before going in to get the map done? I know the Kleen air mod isn't exactly a stock set up for air flow, so it seems like it might be best to put that back to normal before getting everything tuned up.

Any suggestions? Thanks!

Old 09-26-2009, 11:51 PM
1st Gear Member

it shouldn't matter...are you going to get it dyno'd???

Old 09-28-2009, 02:14 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

I would stay with the kleen mod. If you have full access to a dyno, a before and after would be great to know of any results.

Old 09-28-2009, 05:19 AM
1st Gear Member

I will definitely be getting it dyno'd. I want to make sure the map is done correct by some pro's so I dont mess something up or not get everything I can out of my bike. Ive been having some idle issues whenever I am slowing to a stop lately too, so I am hoping this will take care of it...I definitely know I am not getting the best performance still running a stock computer

As far as the kleen air mod goes, I guess I will just leave it if it is not going to hurt anything....

I will be sure to post the dyno results as soon as I get them. I am real curious to see how all this works out...It's my first pc3 so I am a bit excited about it, especially getting it done right

Old 09-28-2009, 05:34 AM
1st Gear Member

do you have a full system or just a slip on???

Old 09-28-2009, 03:53 PM
1st Gear Member

just a slip on

Old 09-29-2009, 12:25 AM
1st Gear Member

get rid of that slipon & get yourself a full exhaust, alot of power to gain from a aftermarket header

Old 09-29-2009, 03:02 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

As the money tumbles.....lol The samo do it the first time and do not nickle and dime it. Proves cheaper in the long run. Wish ya the best.

Old 09-29-2009, 04:43 PM
1st Gear Member

I doubt I can afford a full on exhaust system at the moment....I dont make a whole lot and I am already tied up in the pcIII. Besides, Im not really racing ever, I feel like my bike sounds and runs great(minus being waaay to rich), Im not too concerened with MORE power. Haha. One day though I will get a full exhaust system.

Im pretty sure that what I have is a stock header atleast.....can I tell by looking at the header if it is stock or not? Ive never noticed a company name or anything stamped on it. All I have really noticed about it is that it has little h pipes connecting the header tubes for exhaust flow.

Im gonna attempt to make a video of the dyno and post it up to you tube...Im real excited just to hear the bike be redlined. I have only gotten her up to 11k or so and I was at the speed limit instantly, and it was pretty loud

Old 09-29-2009, 04:51 PM
1st Gear Member

Hey Ryda, I see you have a manual cct, what exactly is that accomplishing for you? I have done some reading on it, and I can't really seem to make it make sense. All I have been able to find about it is that people were hearing ticking from there bike so they put on a manual cct to fix it. Am I close at all? Thanks

I've actually noticed my bike sounding a lot more "clicky" at idle....had all my valves checked about a year ago and they were all pretty much perfect. Only a few of them needed shims

Quick Reply: PCIII questions