General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

one problem i have no clue need advice

Search this Thread

Old 07-07-2006, 08:42 AM
Default one problem i have no clue need advice

I have a 2002 ZX-6R my bike is making a weird knocking noise it sounds like the when u go to switch gears and u slightly miss the gear but its not a grind noise its like a continues knock but in a rythem.I checked my clutch but thats good its still grabing perfect but the vibration is stronger on my side where my shifter is well basically the left foot peg bracket.When i hold on the clutch the knock still is there and at slow starts u can hear it slightly. I just got my valves adjusted the other day and it ran fine up until 2 days ago.The oil is at a perfect level to so yea im basically clueless any ideas it would be such a help thanks

Old 07-07-2006, 09:55 PM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: one problem i have no clue need advice

so your engine doesn't knock right? I'm wondering if you don't have a broken tooth on one of your gears. Probably impossible to know what's going on without tearing apart the tranny.

Old 07-07-2006, 11:49 PM
1st Gear Member

The only thing i can think of is that when they did your valves they might have left one lose and now it's making the nocking noise or that when they put the gasket on they coverd up one of the oil passages and not lubing the valves which would make a nocking noise.

Old 07-08-2006, 12:24 AM

yea i dont beleave its my engine it sounds like its coming from the transmission like the knock is not loud enough to hear really when im moving u can only feel it but also the exhaust makes it hard to hear the noise.i do appreciate the help tho thanks

Old 07-08-2006, 04:16 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Hav e you recently done an oil change? What kind and what weight oil? If the wrong oil was put in, you could have a prob in the clutch.....

Have you checked your chain slack? That front spocket is up near the shifter, and if you have the chain not adjusted right it could be slapping around there.... Does the knock occur while moving or sitting still, or both???

GL man.....

Old 07-08-2006, 11:24 PM

it dose it when im moving but it also dose it when i have the clutched pulled in so it might be the clutch because when u pull in the clutch it makes the engine basically feel like neutraal and the noise is still there.

Old 07-08-2006, 11:25 PM

i just checked my oil and its like water what weight should be in there my friend did my oil changes

Old 07-08-2006, 11:41 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: BigRig18Wheeler

Hav e you recently done an oil change? What kind and what weight oil? If the wrong oil was put in, you could have a prob in the clutch.....

Have you checked your chain slack? That front spocket is up near the shifter, and if you have the chain not adjusted right it could be slapping around there.... Does the knock occur while moving or sitting still, or both???

GL man.....

[sm=exactly.gif] [sm=feedback.gif]

Old 07-08-2006, 11:53 PM
Knee Dragging Pimp
1st Gear Member

ORIGINAL: stuntzx6r

i just checked my oil and its like water what weight should be in there my friend did my oil changes
what weight and kind of oil did he put in there ?

Old 07-09-2006, 06:11 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

I am stil curious of what kind and weight oil was put in..... If you do not know, and the oil looks like water. Go ahead and change it. Make sure you use a good oil, and nothing energy conserving. It sounds like that might fix your prob...

Quick Reply: one problem i have no clue need advice