General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

New 2007 ZX6R Help... clutch or throttle problem

Search this Thread

Old 09-20-2007, 01:31 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: New 2007 ZX6R Help... clutch or throttle problem

exactly cougarkid. A loose connection on the fuel pump caused my work van to do the same. Will run but not under a load.

Old 09-22-2007, 10:48 PM

okay heres a update let me know what you think..this is what happen when i dropped my bike it fell on rear brake ..so i took rear brake off because it was suck so my nieghbor says is when i went riding (it was only a block) that since the rear brake was engaged that i could have messed up the clutch friction.. so im in my garage going to try to replace this whAT DO YOU GUYS THINK COULD THIS BE THE PROBLEM.help me please...should i put in a insurance claim. I heard if you drop bike you lose warranty. My nieghbor said he could replace the friction pad is this a good idea...

Old 09-22-2007, 11:31 PM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Possible, but dang, would have thought that you would have noticed it even before the 1 block ride.

Old 09-26-2007, 07:17 AM

While the brake was off would it go over 20mph.
May I ask how you didnt realize you had a stuck brake?

Old 10-03-2007, 02:01 AM
1st Gear Member

uhh... doesnt it move in neutral?
If the rear brake is stuck and you can still move the bike forward/backward in neutral then all its doing is wearing your pads down. now if it is STUCK and you cant move that back wheel with out firing up the bike and using the engine then you have sucessfully destroyed your clutch..... or its something else completely..... i'd bring it back to the dealership, tell a little white lie "fall over? not that i know of"

Old 10-09-2007, 05:04 AM

If you ride with the brakes on, HOW THE *** DO YOU THINK THAT WILL *** UP YOUR CLUTCHPLATES ??? I stunt the **** outa my bike, do tons of burnouts, ride the rear brake while doing slow wheelies, and my clutch is perfect. You have a slipper clutch, you cant mess it up by riding it with a siezed brake. You may fug up your caliper, and pads, but your clutch is fine dude. Check your tipover sensor. Or take it to a real mechanic (not the stealership unless you like dik in the ***) and behonest about how the problem started. Be prepaired to pay about $300, and be happy when the dude charges less. And dont tell him that you think the problem is..... cuz then he will know you know as much about bikes as a homo knows about *****, and hell bend you over too.

Old 11-27-2007, 01:55 AM

well as far as your drop and insurance claim, I droped my new bike and busted the fairing (no mechanical problems), then a few months later my fram developed a crack at the top welds that grew to about 8-10 in. long, took it to the dealer for a warrenty repair, they started to hassell me about my damage but when they sent the pics of the bike to kawasaki, kawasaki still approved to replace the fram. My point is that just because you dropped it dont really mean the warrenty is void, its a matter of how bad the damage is (if its salvaged or not, totalled or not), I would say try it, and see what kawasaki says and not the dealer.

Old 12-10-2007, 03:26 AM
1st Gear Member

theres a few things that coulda happened bro. you DEFINITELY have a tip over sensor on that bike, and the computers tend to save the fault information and put the bike in limp mode. some bikes are self-resetting, but log a fault code in a diagnostic mode accessible to those who...know how to access it.. its resettable when you pull up the fault bank.

-you may have knocked an injector loose.
-coil packs cause lots of load-oriented problems when they begin to fail...
-you may still have a mechanical binding problem..

did the bike run for a while when it was on its side? you may have done some bearing damage thru oil starvation..i hope not.. thats not cheap to fix. the tip over switch shoulda killed it tho.. a fuel injected bike will run upside-down if you wanted it to. it just won't get any oil! only a carburated bike will eventuallystall when dropped... you drain the floats out!