General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Krieger Manual Cham Chain Tensioner Review

Search this Thread

Old 06-07-2011, 06:26 PM
Default Krieger Manual Cham Chain Tensioner Review

I wanted to post up a positive review for Mark Krieger's manual CCT because I had such a great experience. I ride a Kawi ZR7 and needed up replace my auto CCT. I tried to work with the normal company that makes CCT's (APE) and they ended up sending me the wrong part. When I called them up to see about swapping for the right part, they said they didn't know if they had one for my zr7, but would do some research and get back to me. They never did.

Fed up, I found Mark who was willing to fab up a CCT for me based on my own measurements. I was a little hesitant about the part not fitting (because of error on my side or his), but went along with it because I had a lack of alternatives. The part arrived in perfect form! It fit like a glove, had all the gaskets/bolts needed, and even included a full page description of how to install the part and tune it correctly. I was very impressed!

Also, Mark's service is wonderful. I needed the part quickly so I could install it before a trip I had planned. Mark rushed my order through without any complaints which I really appreciated. He was also willing to chat with me on the phone to make sure I had everything installed properly. He is clearly a guy who is not doing this for the money (only charged $35 for the part) but loves seeing people get their bikes up and running. I would strongly recommend him!

Old 06-08-2011, 03:23 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Tell us more; tell us more!! Post some pics! Maybe we could get a group buy from Mark for a batch of these?
ZR, could you e-mail his contact info to one of our admin's, so we could communicate?

ZR7 owners, are you listening??

(....and no; I don't own a ZR7, but Mark sounds like a great resource for those who do.)

Old 06-08-2011, 10:23 PM
1st Gear Member

You don't need a group buy, they're bottom dollar now. That's why there's no advertising anywhere. I can't afford the cost. $300 for a 1/4 page in Moto Retro, which I'd love to do, but just can't squeeze it. I have no idea what it is here, but no budget for it. Now if I jack it up with the other guys I could do it, but then you guys end up paying the extra $20 for those ads and stuff. I rely on the forums for the word of mouth. I've been a member here for at least a year I think. Worked with TNC on the KLX250 tensioner.

I can be reached with a PM or email here or hit the web site, it's not up to date and slick, but you can get ahold of me through the feedback part.

I'm hoping to do some work with it in the near future. You see, my day job is as an industrial tech teacher and I'm going to be teaching a web design course next year and need to actually do the web site. The course will be very basic, with the middle school kids it will actually be an internal network web due to the privacy laws. But I want to be able to do it up right and that means I get a web service provider and do my own site. I've had a friend doing it and he doesn't take much time with it, but his help has been great.

So, feel free to PM or email me from here. If I don't have it I will try to do it.

Oh, a picture...

The top is TNC's 250, the center is a ZL900 owned by Mark in Canada (first ZL install), then a ZR750 Zephyr, the bottom right is one of the first ZG1000 installs and the final two to the right are the first two in a bike - my bikes. What you see are three body designs Kaw uses, the ZR7 is another, and I've now done tensioners for Honda VTR Superhawk/Firestorms due to a request from a VTR owner. It's a blast, 18 countries, about 40 states, it's like a geography lesson and I get to communicate with these guys. I've even picked up parts and sent them out to one rider in Malaysia and another in Australia (no fee, just doing it to help).

By the way, where's Clarksville.

Last edited by klx678; 06-08-2011 at 10:30 PM.
Old 06-08-2011, 10:50 PM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Clarksville is between Cincinnati and Columbus. Just down the road from Wilmington where DHL pulled out a year or two ago and left most of us jobless and destitute. I'm pretty much a stone's throw from exit 36 off I-71.
The tensioner is cool. I love it when guys like you come up with beautifully crafted solutions for sloppy factory designs.

Old 06-09-2011, 12:51 AM
1st Gear Member

I had a friend who flew for DHL. He left before the layoffs to fly a corporate jet. But he ended up out recently here when the company sold the jet. He may be old enough to retire and have enough money to do so, but it is still a bit premature for him.

If you should ever get up this way, give a yell. I used to live in eastern Ohio and know a bunch of good stuff in the east. I've been on some of the best, like SR555, SR536, SR164, SR646, and a ton of great county roads with both streetbike and dual sport (playing supermoto to an extent). Shame of it is a rider has to go 30-40 miles east just to see what a real combination of corners looks like.