General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Kawasaki KE175-B3 question

Search this Thread

Old 07-05-2006, 08:31 PM
Default Kawasaki KE175-B3 question

Hello. New here and would like to say hi. I've got a question. On my bike(which is listed above) I had the gasket and strainer go bad in the fuel tap or petcock. I found a gasket that works and since I could not find the original strainer to put in it I got an inline fuel filter. Well since I put the inline fuel filter in when ever the engine revs up to go into each gear, it looses power. Hope I put it in right, all I did was cut the fuel line and attached it to the inline filter. There is air that you can see in the inline fuel filter. Is this ok? Also after I did this there is a little tiny hose comming out of the carbuerator and gas runs out of this sometimes. Quite a bit. Does anyone know why the leakage happens and why I loose power(like it's not getting enough gas?) Thanks, Sheri.

Old 07-06-2006, 05:23 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: Kawasaki KE175-B3 question

I have had to do the same thing before on an old TT250 I had..... Yes, you can see air in the filter. I had no problems tho.... Did you put the fuel filter on the right way? There should be an arrow on it somewhere, or markings that say inlet or outlet.

You might have two problems...One, the strainer, two, carbs dirty......Easy enough to check. Take the filter out temporarily, and run the bike. If it runs the same, you know it is the filter causing probs. Try a hi flow filter. If it does not change the way it runs, it is carb cleaning time...

BTW, Welcome to the forums... Enjoy your stay!!! Some good peoples here.

Old 07-06-2006, 03:26 PM

Thanks. The filter I got has an arrow on it. I got the arrow pointing down so its pointed in the direction of the carbuerator. I'm assuming that you have it pointed in the direction that the fuel flows? I'll take the filter off and try that. They make high fuel flow filters? I had my carbs cleaned out a couple of weeks ago and it ran great for a couple more weeks, could they be dirty already? I'll try what ya suggested and see what happens. Yesterday I could'nt get it to even start. Thankyou.

Old 07-08-2006, 04:22 AM
Super Moderator
1st Gear Member

Yup, you got it.... The arrow does go in the direction of the fuel flow.

You said you found a gasket that works..... You might make sure that gasket is not interferring with the fuel flow in any way. You might double check the plugs also.... Spark plugs will start to fade out , especially under load.

Let us know how it goes sheri......