General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

HELP DESPERATE! (i ll give 10 box who solutionate my problem!)

Search this Thread

Old 11-10-2006, 08:50 AM
Default HELP DESPERATE! (i ll give 10 box who solutionate my problem!)

OK, HI everyone.. the thing is this..

i have a Kawa zx600r 1992... used. (http://www.geocities.com/SANTYBAEZ/fotos/yellow/) <customized>

The problem of this bike is that runs like with HICCUPS!. stumbles!.... the RPM got crazy and finally it shutted off the entire bike [:'(] ..

i cheked, and seemed to be the Generator coil, i fixed it (supposly) and the RPM problems sttoped, the bike doesnt turn off now , but the hiccups continued! ..

I checked the Carbs.. theryr fine (the hiccups and stumbles doent look like carbs, looks like power problems like electrical cuts.. i dont know!), the spark plugs new ones.. so somebpody told me to check the rectifier..so i Changed it!.. (with other used also but supposed to be ok) and the bike got a lot better... buuut

BUT THE HICCUPS AND STUMBLES CONTINUES!!.[:@][&:]. i Cant enjoy the bike!!.. i checked all the wires i cleaned them all!.. the rectifier, the battery the carbs the Generator... ALL ITS SUPPOSED TO BE FIXED ..
someone told me to check the other coil the pulser coil but my mechnic said thats couldnĀ“t be.. because the bike turns on perfect the problem becomes when i start to ride!.
[X(]

WHAT COULD IT BEEEEEEEEEEE HEEEEEEEEEEEELP! [&o]

ps: sorry for my English[8D]

Old 11-10-2006, 09:59 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: HELP DESPERATE! (i ll give 10 box who solutionate my problem!)

Take off the carbs and completely clean them from the inside. (i.e. jets, needles, passages etc.) Having those hiccups can be clogged jets. And of course, sync the carbs afterwords. Out of sync carbs will cause some issues.

Old 11-10-2006, 11:26 PM

I agree. it sounds like carb trouble to me too. Make sure the floats aren't flooded with fuel. Check the slide diaphrams. I would totaly disasemble the carbs and clean them out with a good carb cleaner. Then use compressed air to blow out all of the passageways in the carbs. Also, look for vacuum leaks around the carb boots as well as any vacuum lines that are connected to the carbs. Just to rule out any ignition problems, most shop manuals have diagnostic trees that will guide you through the testing procedure. Good luck!
Oh yeah, where's my ten box?

Old 11-11-2006, 04:25 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Welcome to the forums Mr.S7
If it takes me an hour to respond to your post, I am still trying to comprehend what you posted.

Old 11-11-2006, 04:34 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

k, you cleaned the carbs. No mention on float level.
Hey, I am slow! HAHAHAHA
The issue I have is you fixed the rectifier/electrical and things got better? But are still having issues. Hiccups/stumbles? what rpm?

Old 11-11-2006, 04:35 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Did the tach settle down after the rectifier replacement?

Old 11-11-2006, 04:37 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

so the generator replacement cured the rpm issues? the tach/rpm issues?

Old 11-11-2006, 07:15 AM
Default PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!

GUYS THANKS FOR ALL YOUR HELPS!... ANSWERING YOUR QUESTIONS..

fOR DRAGONNE 19 YES YOU understood Very well my problem.. IT WAS just as you described..

and for Markmeinteil THE CARBS WERE PERFECT. (I TOLD U THAT i already checked) .. but thanks for your suggestions.. by the way your avatAr is the coolest!

same for all thanks guys!

so what was it!??!!?.. well the carbs were ok, THE RECIFIER WAS OK TOO!, I WAS becoming CRAZY!.. . .WHEN SUDDENLY... . . I NOTICED THAT THE CHAIN! THE F****KN CHAIN WAS KIND OF IDLE!..
THE THIGN IS THAT I WOULD NEVER SUPPOSED THAT BECAUSE OF ALL THE BEFORE PROBLEMS (THE RPM THE SHUTS OFF ETC).. SO I CAHNGED THE CHAIN (BUT HONESTLY I WASnt EsPETCING too much).. BUT SUUDENLY!

VOILA!!

THE BIKE WAS FLYING!!... I COULD NEVER IN MY LIFE IMAGINE THAT COULD BE DE C**CK SU/****KN CHAIN!!

SORRY BUT IM SOO HAPPY YOU CAN IMAGINE.. Ive been looking for this problem for more than 3 months!!

TODAY I JUST sMoOKED A MITSUBISHI![8D]!.. IM SO HAPPY MY BIKE IS OK!! FYNALLY!!

SO WHATS THE MORAL OF THIS STORY FOR ME??: "DONT SUPPOSE ALL MECHANICAL PROBLEMS ARE THE COMMON OR HARDEST THINGS TO DO (LIKE rECTIFIER, CARBS ETC) .. if you HADNT ALREADY CHEKED THE simplest THINGS!.

bELIEVE ME I WOULD NEVER IMAGINE THAT BECASUE THE STUMBLES WERE LIKE ELECTRICAL!! OR CARBS!.. I COULD NEVER IMAGINE IT WAS JUTS A bAD CHAIN!! becasue it didnt fEEl like it..
but well IT WAS..

keep that in mind .. maight help you in some situation!.

THANKS ALL!

Old 11-11-2006, 07:46 AM
1st Gear Member
Default RE: PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!

wow! how loose was that c*ck s*ckin' chain?!!! It must have been really loose to cause the engine to jerk around as much as it did. You only need about 1.5 inches of slack in it.

Anywho.... Glad it was the easy fix! I bet you're glad too!

Old 11-11-2006, 08:42 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member
Default RE: PROBLEM FIXED!!!!!!

How can the drive chain shut out certaian things without an explaination? Just curious

Quick Reply: HELP DESPERATE! (i ll give 10 box who solutionate my problem!)