General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Coolant leak in airbox!!!!

Search this Thread

Old 07-22-2005, 08:08 PM
Default Coolant leak in airbox!!!!

By the way Hi Everyone, my name is Justin and I am new here.

Alright I just bought this 1988 600R, last night I was up all night changing the oil (which was milky white, I just figured condensation from sitting for a year or so), filter, plugs, disassembled and reassembled the carb. Got it to start right up, then I thought I should flush and replace the coolant. So I shut it off and drain what liitle coolant was left (it just looked a little brown, like dirty coolant). As I was filling it back up it seemed to be taking a lot more than it should. Next thing I know it starts leaking out. So I traced the leak back to the bottom of the airbox, under the filter. The whole front camber was full also. The only place I can figure it is coming from is the little hose that connects to the bottom of the front camber of the airbox to the top of the crankcase. Now since this the very frist bike I have ever owned or ever worked on (I'm more of a Jeep guy), I have no idea what that is or where it goes. I have a Haynes manual but as usually that doesn't provide much help. So obviously I have a leak somewhere, I just hope it's a gasket and not a crack. So does anyone have any ideas as to what the hell could be going on??? Thanks in advance for you help.