General Tech Good at troubleshooting? Have a non specific issue? Discuss general tech topics here.

Cold Blooded as all hell.......???

Search this Thread

Old 02-27-2007, 04:17 PM
Default RE: Cold Blooded as all hell.......???

just an update, i drained the bowls to see if they would fill back up. well they filled back up, in doing that it didnt help the starting situation but tells me that the carbs are too gummed up soo i decided to have them rebuilt, the bike went out yesterday for the carb rebuild. i should have it back in bout a week. i would like to learn to do it myself but right now i just dont have the space soo itll have to wait.

Old 02-28-2007, 05:10 AM
Administrator
1st Gear Member

Thanks for the update

Old 02-28-2007, 01:08 PM

o.k. hold up a minute first off when you park a bike for any amount of time more then a week allways turn the gas off and run it dry , then ethier drain tank or fill it completly up or buy staibilizer. if youre going to throw money away then i'll take it, carbs rebuilt 98% sure that was a waste if you were capable of taking them off then you could of cleaned them ain't nothing to it and next time you try and start a bike thats been sitting first pull plugs clean them use fresh gas before trying to fire turn pitcock to res let sit for a min or so then try don't let sit so long that gas runs out overflow line. all so you can blow into over flow line and this will fill bowels this will sometimes make the floats to stick no biggie just pop the throatlle a couple of times. and stop letting deallers and repair shops hook you you didn't need a speacial tool for plugs just a thin walled deep 5/8 socket now heres what you do when that special tool comes and you loosen plug but you cant get it out get a little bit of vacum hose push it over the end remove

Old 02-28-2007, 01:39 PM
Da dirty moderator
1st Gear Member

acid, thats the best way to buy a bike, one that has been sitting and wont run.... mmmm... wonder whats wrong, usually people dont want to mess with it so they just sell it thinking somethings really wrong. just take the carbs off and clean them up and itll run perfect. I cant tell you how many lawnmowers i have acquired this way....

Old 02-28-2007, 01:52 PM

hey sycophuk, first off im not the one that parked it for a period of time and didnt drain anything, stabalize anything, or leave the petcock open. second i said i dont have the space or the means to remove and rebuild the cards(which i could do). third, yes the plugs were pulled and cleaned with a borrowed socket. fourth, try to not talk to people like they are morans, i am very mechanical, i cant do most of what i needed to mainly due to 2 facts, dont have the room(bike was in my kitchen!!!) and my GF CANNOT be in the same house with the type of fumes and chemicals that most of this would put in the air. and on an added note, my good friend will be doing the work on my bike at this dealer i took it to soo i wont be getting screwed. another added note, im doing some work for another friend in trade for the service fees on the bike. but hey, thankx for information, whether it came off as rude or not, was still informative.......:-)